Getting induced in 12 days

A123

Getting induced in 12 days

Post by A123 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:39 pm

Im due to get induced in 12 days and I don't know if this baby is coming home even after conference where they had no current concerns an its all historical went into the PLO meeting to their solicitor saying I was lying about the details of a car crash I was involved in even though I have medical evidence and police logs and statements saying what happened but because my SW from a different LA has lied they are believing her when all information she has passed the my current SW is wrong inc information about my violent x partners so during PLO the SW said about all the support that is in place but they want a diagnosis of my mental health as I don't have one, I am fully prepared for the arrival of the baby I just don't know if she will come home ive informed my solicitor and ive rung my SWs office as she's off until Tuesday

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Getting induced in 12 days

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed May 02, 2018 1:41 pm

Dear A123,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your post.
It must very difficult not knowing what the plan will be. Is that still the case?
You are doing the right thing by contacting the social worker and solicitor about this.
Has there been any discussion about you and baby going into a mother and baby unit or a mother and baby foster care placement?

Are the local authority planning on taking any care proceedings? This is where they could ask the court to give them the legal parental responsibility to make decisions about baby, including where baby will live. Here are FAQ’s about care proceedings .

The social worker is seeking a mental health assessment of you. This will be to see whether you have a mental health condition that might affect your ability to look after your baby and whether you need support and treatment for it. I expect that the social worker will want to see the report to help her make decisions about your baby.

You are concerned about records from the local authority where you use to live. There seems discrepancies in the evidence, I suggest you discuss these difficulties with your solicitor.

I am sorry my advice has been very brief. If you have any questions, please post back.

Best wishes,

Suzie