Page 1 of 1

Will the judge return my children? No solicitor now to help add rim or of money!

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:22 pm
by Goodmum73
After my last post I have been to court hearing about the prohibited steps order expecting it to be revoked and very my 2 kids back, on the above of my solicitor. Well after 1700 pounds he was wrong and the father is keeping them for another month until the child arrangements hearing. I cannot believe that I am not allowed to feed or house them or take them anywhere because I left my son in a cinema and returned for him. I didn't harm him and I brought my baby with me. In being treated as though I have been physically abusive or done something really cruel. He went affected at all. Street 6 weeks without me I feel my bond with my baby will never be the same. I've obit had 2 hours contact in 2 weeks although he's agreed to increase it slowly
I knew he's taking advantage of this situation to alienate me so he can move on his new girlfriend to be their mother. He's alienated me from all his relatives and note had my children.
One judge said I had made a gross misjudgement. I feel it was partly due to stress and interaction with my ex... should I say this or does it make me look unstable?
But will it not be in the children's emotional welfare and mine to let them return to the previous arrangements? I wouldn't repeat the same mistake. I feel they might say they can't trust me at all but that's not fair. I can't lose my children over this can I? It seems minor compared to many cases where there is consistent neglect and I have no previous offences or concerns raised. Ss have abandoned me.
Can anyone tell me how likely it is the judge will return them?
I couldn't bear to lose them. There was a risk bit no harm done and I have obviously learned from the incident. Isn't one mistake acceptable after all were only human

Re: Will the judge return my children? No solicitor now to help ive run out of money!

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:24 pm
by Goodmum73
Sorry meant to say I'm representing myself in court as run out of money. I can't believe how this is being taken

Re: Will the judge return my children? No solicitor now to help add rim or of money!

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:52 pm
by Suzie, FRG Adviser
Dear Goodmum 73

Thank you for your updating posts.

I am sorry that the prohibited steps order was not discharged or your children returned to your care at the last hearing but I think the judge would not want the children to have too many changes. They are not currently with you and to make the decision to move them before a final hearing on the application for a child arrangement order would not be in their interests since there will need be further consideration at the final hearing of the whole situation.

If the children returned to you now then judge would be pre-empting the final decision. Whether or not the same mistake will be repeated is a matter for the judge to decide at the final hearing.

It is really important that you try to understand the concerns about your action in leaving your son alone in the cinema. He was left without supervision; he could have been scared even though the film was ‘U’ rated; or by someone in the cinema, suppose he became unwell or needed to use the bathroom; anyone could have removed him from the cinema. Imagine how he might have felt being effectively abandoned there by his mum for a whole film. Additionally, you do not know what harm he could have come to. It was not a case of you popping out for a few minutes to tend to your baby, you decided the leave the cinema although you may have considered it safe to do so, it would not be seen as acceptable to leave a young child in that way.

The proceedings are private law proceedings as children’s services did not bring the case. Whilst the court will be considering the reasons for the application being made, the court will be concerned to make a decision based on children’s welfare and what is best for them. I cannot tell you the decision the court will make as it will be for the judge to decide taking account of all the evidence and any recommendations made in a section 7 report.

As you do not have a solicitor representing you, it might help if you obtain advice from Coram Children’s Legal Centre (Child Law Advice) on 0300 330 5480.

Best wishes