Child In need plan

MissM1990

Child In need plan

Post by MissM1990 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:35 am

Hey
A brief summary of my situation is that in December I found out my ex partner (father of 5 year old son) had been on sex offenders register prior to meeting me (not relating to child offences). Since then social services have been involved and have put my son on a child in need plan as he lives at mine, currently doesn't have overnight stays at his dad's until this is resolved. They do not believe his dad is a risk to him or his baby brother (with his dad's current girlfriend) but obviously all channels are being checked with his previous convictions not being disclosed. At a handover meeting last week with a new social worker they mentioned that the baby that I am currently pregnant with (new partner and nothing to do with my ex so no contact etc) may have to be put on a child in need plan. This seems to be totally unnecessary and seems to be putting myself and partner under watch when we have complied with everything and it is nothing to do with us what had happened in the past. Can anyone advise if they can actually do this? And if so what can I expect? I don't think it is fair at all to get my midwives and health visitors involved when we are nothing to do with the situation.
Thanks

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Child In need plan

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:34 pm

Dear MissM1990,

Welcome to the Parents Forum.

Your 5 year old son is receiving support under a child in need plan, due to his father (your exe partner) having been on the sex offenders register.
Now the social worker talked about your unborn baby (with a different father) being placed on a child in need plan.
I am not sure why this is being considered. You should ask the social worker to set out her reasons in writing. That might explain set out why.
As you say, it seems heavy handed, if your baby will not be coming into any contact with your exe.
For there to be a child in need plan, your consent would be needed. Here is some information about child in need .

If you have any questions or need further advice, please post again.

Best wishes,

Suzie