can social take my baby away

mozie09

can social take my baby away

Post by mozie09 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:41 am

I've had my girls taken into care in August 2016 and last court appearance was January 2017 and now found out I'm 25 weeks pregnant can they just take him away without assessing if I've changed which I have as losing my girls made me realise I had work to do

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: can social take my baby away

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Dear Mozie09

Welcome to the Parents Discussion Board.

My name is Suzie, online adviser, at Family Rights Group.

I am sorry to that your daughters were removed from your care but pleased to see that you have managed to address the concerns that led to them being removed as you say you have done work and changed.

Children’s services cannot remove your child without a court order and, if you have made significant changes, then they should assess you as you are now. It may be however, that it may be considered that you have not changed sufficiently or for a long period of time to show that you can maintain the change that you say you have made.

You do not say in your post what led to your girls being removed from your care but if you have addressed whatever it was then that would be a positive in your favour. Having your children removed from your care may well have provided you with the strength and focus that you needed to make changes in your lifestyle.

Please see our frequently asked questions here for more information.

If you are under aged 30 or younger, you may find it helpful to read information on our young parents’ website here .

Should you wish to speak to an adviser about your situation, please telephone our free, confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays).

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie