Risk Assessment - Findings of NAI. Please help!

sadanonfam262613

Risk Assessment - Findings of NAI. Please help!

Post by sadanonfam262613 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:42 pm

I would really appreciate the advice of admins and the experiences of others on this one please.

To cut an extremely long and painful story short, we're at the end of a very long court battle.
Our child sustained unexplained injuries and the case took many twists and turns and followed primarily a medical route; many abnormalities were present and investigations were ongoing throughout.
It was eventually decided that, even in spite of a multitude of medical abnormalities and diagnoses, the injuries sustained were a result of NAI and findings were made against my child's dad. We are now on an interim care order until the final welfare hearing.

As a result, I was advised by my legal team to separate from my partner and I am sole carer. I am currently having a risk assessment. However, I have many questions in relation to this that my legal team don't seem willing to assist me with.

1.) If I choose to continue a relationship with my otherwise faultless partner will I be penalised by having my child removed or will they continue to assess my understanding of the risks based on us being a couple?
2.) What is the likliehood of family reunification and timescales involved with this into the future if at the welfare hearing we remain on a care order or supervision order?

We are a good, 'no red flags' family and educated people. My child comes first but the idea of being a broken family is devastating.
This has been a traumatic time and help and advice is urgently needed.

Thank you in advance.

sadanonfam262613

Re: Risk Assessment - Findings of NAI. Please help!

Post by sadanonfam262613 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:04 pm

How long until advisors usually respond please?

sadanonfam262613

Post by sadanonfam262613 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:05 pm

How long until advisors usually respond please?

Sally

Post by Sally » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:58 pm

I've read on many posts that their really busy xx