Child services now involved

Scared2

Child services now involved

Post by Scared2 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:19 am

Hi partner was arrested for IOC , released pending investigation , arrest was in April , child services turned up at my door , was asked to sign a safety plan saying my son wouldn't be unsupervised with his stepdad , now social worker is coming to talk to my son , he is 14 , what questions will they ask ? Partner is still playing down what he did , how long till I get some answers to wether he is being charged or not ? Please advise

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Child services now involved

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:59 pm

Dear Scared2

Thank you for your further and apologies for the delay in responding to your post, this was due to volume of work.

As far as the social worker speaking with you 14 year old son, I think it will be involve an age appropriate discussion. This is likely to include questions about how he finds things at home, possibly whether he had any difficulties at all. It is likely it will just be for the social worker to get to know your son and to satisfy him or herself that he is happy and have nothing worrying him.

In your post you are asking when you will get answers about when the police might charge your partner. I am not in a position to give you any timeline for the police as we are not able to advise on police matter. I would say however, that once the police has concluded their investigation a decision about charge will be made by the Crown Prosecution Service.

Please make contact with Lucy Faithfull Foundation on 0808 100 0900 as this organisation is able to advise both perpetrators and their families in respect of sexual abuse.

You can of course speak to an adviser at Family Rights Group about children’s services involvement with your family. The advice line is on 0808 801 0366 and open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).

Hope this helps

Best wishes

Suzie