Son on supervision order & I'm pregnant from a one night stand

Lynds88

Son on supervision order & I'm pregnant from a one night stand

Post by Lynds88 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:15 am

Hiya

First post on here so be nice ☺

My son is under a supervision order until December this year. I have recently found out I'm pregnant following a one night stand. And I'm very worried about my social worker as shes not very nice anyway she's very snake like in my opinion

My Lil boy was in temporary foster care for 5 months last year while I fought to get him back and I won.

I've booked in with my midwife and I've not kept anything from her, my probation officer knows and I've had great support from my health visitor. Just really worried about my social worker and what she will do or say. My son isn't at risk is he, it's not really anything to do with everything that happened with my son
She just terrifies me in case she trys to take both away

L
Xx

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Son on supervision order & I'm pregnant from a one night stand

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:39 pm

Dear Lynds88

Welcome to the Parents Forum and congratulations on your pregnancy.

I am glad to hear that you successfully fought for your son to be returned home to you.
A supervision order , lasts 12 months but can be extended by the court for a further 2 years. However, to use the same threshold criteria, the local authority would have to apply before the current supervision order expires in December.

You do not say why children services became involved and whether you have addressed the concerns that were raised by them.
Because of their involvement with your son, children services may want to carry out an assessment to see whether or not you might need any support or whether your baby could be at any risk of harm.

You have already told the midwife and probation officer who may well have already told children services.

So, you could wait to hear, or you could tell the social worker yourself. The upside of doing so, means that it might show that you are being cooperative.

You seem to have a good relationship with the health professionals. This is important because they will be the people you will be working with in respect of your new baby and who children services will be consulting, when they carry out any assessment of your family.

I hope my advice is helpful but if you have any questions, please post back or call our advice line on 0808 801 0366.

Best wishes,

Suzie