Concerns of if I leave my partner will social services come involved again

LN0505

Concerns of if I leave my partner will social services come involved again

Postby LN0505 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:06 pm

Hi I wondered if anyone has had this experience. Social services told me last year if I leave my partner they would have to be contacted and that depending on the situation wether I'd have to have accessments in order to keep my daughter. Bk in 2012 my two children were removed due to I couldn't get my children and myself out of the abusive situation with a friend who thought she would finish abusing Me after I got rid of my ex who abused me. I was battered nearly to death full of fear etc so bk then no chance and at the family planning group conference it was said if me and my new partner of nearly 4 years split he would have her temporary if I have to have accessments or full time at this stage the accessments hadn't been completed before me and his accessments were done and I have come very far and don't have abusive people around me and if me and him split I definitely wouldn't let that bring me down as it wouldn't be worth it. He works full time has his hobbies and I look after her full time til evening. I'm a good judge of making good friendships so would meet the right guy if that happened as I won't rush into another unless I know for sure as I would need to know him before anything else. Plus if this happened her dad would meet him. It's now 2017 do you think we would have to alert social services if we split when it would be mutual and we would be close friends might even sort things out if we did split.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Concerns of if I leave my partner will social services come involved again

Postby Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri May 05, 2017 4:53 pm

Dear LN0505

Welcome to the Board and thank you for your post.

It is not clear from the information you provide why social workers are involved with your child. If you are a survivor of a prior domestically abusive relationship and have been with your new partner for four years without incident why are social workers concerned about your ability to care for your daughter alone? At the family group conference you attended did you agree that you would not care for your daughter alone?

Also can I ask if your daughter is on a child protection or a child in need plan, or was the case closed last year?

Do let us have more information by posting again or by contacting our telephone advice service on 0808 801 0366, lines are open Monday to Friday, 9.30am-3.00pm.

Best wishes

Suzie

Return to “Are social workers worried about your child?”