please help need advise

ladybug

please help need advise

Post by ladybug » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:59 pm

sorry in advance for any spelling or grammer mistakes. im due a baby in april. my midwife has refered me to social work. when i asked why she said it was because im single and have autism. im asexual and have aspergers. i would like to know what my legal rights are. i have a child protection meeting end of feb. i think its unfair and discrimanation against my sexuality and my aspergers. i planned a family alone. i wouldnt have done this if i didnt feel ready. the social worker has told me the worst case scenario is sherieff court and my baby can be taken from me. i feel like people are judging my abilty to be a mother before i have even held my child. i am infertile and my prayers were finally answered so if they take my baby that would be the cruellest thing in the world. they keep saying its to see what support i need i can tell you the amount of times i have needed support have been few and far between whilst me supporting other people have been many more times . i dont sleep at night i always worry about this meeting. they also had concerns about me tiding my home but the day they first came i had dislocated my hip and had pregnancy pain and pregnancy fatigue i wouldnt normally be like that and i feel its very unfair i told them all this but they dont seem to care.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: please help need advise

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:16 pm

Dear ladybug

Thank you for posting on the Family Rights Group Parents’ Discussion Forum.

My name is Suzie, online adviser, at Family Rights Group.

I am sorry that you are having such a worrying time due to a referral being made by your midwife.

It maybe that your midwife considers that you may need some support once your baby arrives which is why the referral was made.

You have referred to the Sheriff’s court in your post from which I assume that you reside outside of the jurisdiction of England and Wales for which we provide advice.

Assuming that you are in Scotland, you may wish to contact the Scottish Child Law Centre on 0131 667 6333 who will be better able to advise you on issues relating to the law in that jurisdiction.

I hope you will get any help or support you need.

Best wishes

Suzie

ladybug

Re: please help need advise

Post by ladybug » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:18 pm

Thank you for replying