Family group conferences and CPP

nannerbl

Family group conferences and CPP

Post by nannerbl » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:34 pm

Hi,
I'm new to this page.
My 2 kids have just gone on CPP on the basis of neglect. Mainly because I've got attachment issues with one and have a mental health condition which means I'm not always emotionally available for them.

One of the actions listed on the CPP is that a family group conference needs to take place and that both parents need to be fully engaged with the process.
I thought FGCs were a voluntary process and that you couldn't in effect be made to have one.

We don't have any family nearby and relationships with them could at best be described as difficult.

Can they make having a FGC part of a CPP?
If so, can they take it further if this is the only part of the plan we are reluctant to engage with?

Saraheve

Re: Family group conferences and CPP

Post by Saraheve » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:19 am

Best just to have the family group confrence if you refuse they will only say your not cooperating. I have had a family group confrence and only had one family member come as my family do not live local. So even if u just get one family member or even one friend who can show they can support you. Good luck.

nannerbl

Post by nannerbl » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:21 am

I didn't realise you could do it with so few people. Sure we can come up with a couple of friends or cousins who could come.

Just feels wrong that they can put a voluntary thing on a formal plan stating you have to do it.

Saraheve

Post by Saraheve » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:14 am

Yes they do this anything they say goes. They can't expect everyone to have a big family. So a couple of cousins and friends with be fine as long as their willing to support you.