One baby on a CPP, but recently found out i'm pregnant!

mariposa1980

One baby on a CPP, but recently found out i'm pregnant!

Post by mariposa1980 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:59 pm

kughiuygkg
Last edited by mariposa1980 on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saraheve

Re: One baby on a CPP, but recently found out i'm pregnant!

Post by Saraheve » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:33 pm

My son has recently been taken into care. And im 4 months pregnant. I desperately miss my son and was told to concentrate on the baby and seek my son 5 times a year so he can settle in his placement. I can't stop thinking of my son and scared they will say now I have a baby how can I cope with 2. Or they may take the baby from birth.
This is so unfair im in despair. All I can try and do is try my hardest at making the changes the social services want. But it's so hard to do a big spring clean when I feel emotionaly drained.
I can't be happy without my son. I can't give up but I feel week also.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:50 pm

Dear Mariposa1980

Welcome to the Family Rights Group Parents’ Discussion Forum.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group.

I am sorry that you are feeling so worried about your current situation having learned that you are now pregnant. It is really great that you were able to sort yourself out so that your daughter could be returned to your care. You say that at the moment there are no concerns about your care of your daughter and that is really good place to be.

Children service swill have concerns about your new partner because of his background having carried out a police check. It will be a worry due the fact that he is very much a part of your past life when you were with your ex-partner and he was also a drug user. How long has he been drug-free, does he live in your old area still? As you have said, a possible relapse, may well be something that concerns children services. Having said that, if there are no concerns about you and you are sticking to the agreement you have with children services now, then things should continue as they are for now. Keep working with children services and engaging with the services in respect of your previous drug use.

Regarding your pregnancy, it is still very early days, but I fully understand your concerns about what is likely to happen once children services are aware of your pregnancy. I think the first thing you should understand is that it is important that you tell children services of your pregnancy. You do not have to do it right now unless you want to but the midwife will make a referral because of their previous involvement. It would be good to show that you want to be open and honest with them by telling them about the pregnancy.

Once they receive the referral, children services will make contact with you but are unlikely to do anything until much later into the pregnancy. Children services is likely to carry out an assessment of you this should relate to where you are now, remaining drug free and caring for your baby. If you want to remain with your partner, then children services would have to carry out an assessment of him as well. From what you have posted, I do not think they would consider immediate removal of your baby however, this will depend on how things are at the time and if there are changes which give them cause for concern.

There is the possibility of pre-birth planning for the baby regarding what will happen once the baby is born. It could, as you say, mean child protection but it will depend on the circumstances at the time. The same concerns do not appear to exist with you now. If children services do become involved, it would be a good idea to speak to family members on your side as well as your partner’s to see what support they would be able to offer you both with the baby. Please read our frequently asked questions here for more information about how children services are likely to respond to your pregnancy.

It is easy for me to say, but try not to worry too much as you are doing very well to have your daughter in your care. Do continue with what you are doing. Children services will be involved round about 16 to 20 weeks into your pregnancy to carry any assessments they think are necessary.
I have included copies of our advice sheets about family support and child protection procedures for your information.

Should you wish to speak to an adviser, please feel free to telephone our free, confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. Monday to Friday.

Hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie

mariposa1980

Post by mariposa1980 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:15 pm

Thank you for your advice.

Could my original post please be deleted?