I tried to get help for my daughters and Guardian lied in court to remove them

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: I tried to get help for my daughters and Guardian lied in court to remove them

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:00 pm

Dear justice007,

If you have evidence that your children are suffering neglect or abuse while they are at mum’s house, then you should consider reporting this to children’s services. They will then make a decision whether to carry out an assessment .

If you are worried that they do not believe you, you could always contact the
NSPCC. You can discuss your concerns with them and they can always consider reporting these directly to children services.

Best wishes,
Suzie

justice007

Re: I tried to get help for my daughters and Guardian lied in court to remove them

Post by justice007 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:21 pm

i'm terrified to speak to any new people...

what i need to know is:

1. is the guardian lying to remove the children grounds for getting a new assessment? i have audio recording of meeting i had with her which shows she lied in her court testimony (i have transcript of her testimony) as well as her report for hearing that children were removed from my custody to the mother's

and 2. will following my victims support counsellor and CORAMs advice that i appeal the finding of fact ruling be used against me by social services as they have threatened me?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Dear justice007

Thank you for your further post.

Whilst your frustration about the situation you find yourself in during the court process is apparent, there is not very much more advice we can offer to you in respect of private law court proceedings.

The NYAS guardian would have been appointed specifically to consider the children’s welfare and be a voice for them. You have mentioned having a lot of supportive letters and you no doubt provided these to the court. You may disagree with the Guardian but the Judge would have seen and heard the evidence in the case and made a decision based on this.

You have been referred to Respect and this organisation may be able to assist you in dealing with feelings you have about your wife so that you are able to move forward from what happened.

Please note that we are not able to provide detailed legal advice about the decision a judge makes in a case or private law cases as it is not within our remit at Family Rights Group.

I suggest that you ensure that you do whatever is required of you so that you can maintain contact with your children. They will need to know that you are there for them especially as you say you have a good relationship with them.

I do hope the court will grant to regular contact with your daughter.

Best wishes,

Suzie

Post by 321321 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:11 pm

You need to record your interactions with all professionals. If you can somehow catch the Guardian off guard lying and have a recording of that conversation it could save your ass in court.

justice007

Post by justice007 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:42 pm

I thought so too but judge was furious and refused to acknowledge the recording and told me to never do this again.

The guardian then said she was retiring .

Can I file a complaint or get a ruling overturned because she lied ?

Children are now with their abusive mother because of this and I see my kids 2 weekends a month if I'm lucky

Minnie

Post by Minnie » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:44 pm

Hi

I can totally identify with you, I have had the social worker and the children's father lie about me which weren't true. I had looked after both my daughters for the 1st 9 and 5 years of their lives. The decisions were made that the children should be with their father who had been domestically abusive and not taking interest in the children, the contact was minimal up until November last year. He has physically assaulted my daughter during an overnight visit, the police didn't have enough evidence. The guardian recommended the children went to him as well as the social worker. The social worker said I wasn't domestically abused by him and turned it around that it was the other a way around. He was trying discredit me to ensure that the children ended up in long foster care or adoption, that was his aim for day one. He lied about me labelling my daughter as special needs due her behaviour, she has since gone to be diagnosed with 3 behaviour conditions, these got worse once she was in foster care. I was told that I was unable to manage her behaviour and this was why I shouldn't have the children. The guardian was on a knife edge between us having the children, the reasons given by her for him to have the girls because there was more evidence that he could manage my daughter's behaviour and that he was in a stable relationship and I wasn't. The stability of this relationship was questioned by the guardian as they spilt up last year. He lied about this by saying they were engaged and were to marry within a year. I was told by my barrister and solicitor that he would fail in his placement with the children. This has come true in the last few weeks, he spilt with his partner and the placement is destabilising. I was told I was next in line and I'm hoping they will be returned to me.

misterm

Post by misterm » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:31 pm

im going through a very similar situation so i feel your pain and frustration.
it seems mothers can say anything they want, do anything they want and get away with it, even rewarded.
abuse from a woman towards a man is not accepted by courts no matter how much evidence you give.

courts confuse the children's best interest with the mother's best interest.

i cannot give you any legal advice sorry.
try not to talk about any of it to the kids, enjoy your time with them. use this time to forget about the horrible situation you are all in and have fun together.
just know you are not alone, stay strong, keep fighting and never give up