child in need

applebottomshan

child in need

Post by applebottomshan » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:51 pm

I currently have no recourse to public funds, and children's services have decided to provide £144 every 2 weeks For my child and i to live on. This is not enough, can i challenge this?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: child in need

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:34 am

Dear applebottomshan,

You may be able to challenge this depending on how children services came to the figure in question.

Did they use a reasonable method is calculating this? How long is it for? I suggest you ask for a copy of the assessment to see how they reached this figure.

The Public Law Project’s guide to Support under Section 17 Children Act 1989 which addresses what help is available to families who are not entitled to mainstream welfare benefits or housing will be very helpful to you. On the last few pages of this guide there are details of organizations that might be able to provide in depth advice to you.

You should also look at our advice sheet about Family Support .

For more in depth advice, you could call our advice line on 0808 801 0366.

Best wishes,
Suzie

applebottomshan

Re: child in need

Post by applebottomshan » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:47 am

Thank u for replying suzie, I have requested for them to do an affordability assessment on my income and expenditures. I am entitled to request one right?