Revoking an SGO

OWEN

Revoking an SGO

Post by OWEN » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi please help me, My children were removed from my care by children's services and placed with my parents. They have been appointed Special Guardians for around 18 months now. I initially supported the placement even though I along with my siblings were mistreated by our step father as we were growing up. The children were subject to a Supervision order of 12 months when the order was initially implemented but this has now expired and the Local Authority didn't visit or supervise the family as it was recommended by the judge in court. I was also more satisfied that my children would be well looked after as my brother was at the time living at the house and would be able to keep an eye on the situation in the house.

Recently a number of concerns were raised that my parents have been physically and emotionally abusing my children. And as a result of this the council have implemented a Child In Need plan for my kids.

I want the SGO revoked not so the children can come and live back with me (although this would be delightful) but so that my children are in a place of safety where they are allowed to just be children and grow and play without fear.

How can I go about getting the SGO revoked I cannot afford a solicitor and am not able to get legal aid? What are the chances of the order being revoked by the court with all that has been going on?

Sorry about the long post I really need advice Please help

Thanks

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Revoking an SGO

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:04 pm

Dear OWEN

Welcome to the parent's board.

You may find it useful to refer to our advice leaflet forparents on special guardian orders .

In repsect of your own circumstances you may wish to seek legal advice from the www.lawsociety.org.uk, but this would normally be if you wanted to apply to have the children returned to your care and you wished to prove a significant change in circumstances so that this could be considered by the court.

If you wish to discuss your situation with an adviser, please contact our advice line on 0808 801 0366 Monday to Friday 09.30 am to 03.00 pm.

Best Wishes

Suzie