So many issues and nobody is listening!!

Laurzm

So many issues and nobody is listening!!

Post by Laurzm » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:40 pm

Hi everyone,
Im new here and it literally is my last hope to get some really good advice(hopefully) and be listened to without being judged...
This is my story,I'm not going to go on too much but I just feel there's so many factors to whats actually happening I need to get it all out!!
In 2009 I gave birth to my first daughter .i was a single mum and didn't have a lot of help.at the time I didn't realise I had severe postnatal depression.in January 2010 I had a visit from social services who placed her into foster care within a matter of weeks and she now lives with my mum under a guardianship order,she's very happy there and I see her a lot.
The real problem is with my 2 other children...my 2nd was born in nov 2010, she was instantly put under the child protection because of what happened with my first but me and my partner at the time got to keep her.i had her via c- section so stayed with my exes mum at her house for a few weeks to recover.during that time my social worker advised us that his mum couldn't go near the baby unsupervised but wouldn't tell us why,they just said it was up to his mum to tell us or to go to a local police station and find out for ourselves.
It caused arguements within the two families constantly and my ex began drinking a lot and he got abusive.by this time it was march 2012 and my 3rd daughter was born.me and my ex split up because the pressure was too much and I moved into my own place with the kids,
My ex didn't like the fact I had left him and kept making up stories about me hurting the girls so the social worker placed them in his care.he then gained residancy with them with their help.
Now I have contact once a fortnight because he doesn't agree with anything to courts tell him to do,once they came to me with weird bruising I told my social worker but nothing was done.i don't for the life of me understand why they treat me like this,nothing is wrong with me.my ex is abusive to the point they wanted me to go to survive,he fails alcohol and drugs tests done by the courts and his mum( I eventually found out) tried killing my exes younger brother as a baby yet she still sees my kids everyday.what can I do if nobody listens I want my girls back!!!

ange301126

Re: So many issues and nobody is listening!!

Post by ange301126 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:17 am

Dear Laursm ,I expect Suzie will listen and contact you shortly

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: So many issues and nobody is listening!!

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:10 pm

Dear Larzm

My name is Suzie, one of the Family Rights Group’s online advisers.

I am sorry to hear about the extent of your difficulties regarding Children’s Services involvement with your children and of the ones to do with your ex partner and his family.

Am I right in thinking that you may be involved in private law proceedings? If so, do you have a solicitor representing you at this time? If the answer to this is yes, can I suggest you make sure that they aware of the information about the children’s welfare.

If you have reported concerns about unexplained bruising to the children, during contact, but do not feel enough is being done. Can I suggest you write to the Local Authority being specific about the bruising, how and when you first noticed it, who you reported it, and details of the response you received.

In your letter, I advise that you explain to the social worker (and the team manager) that Children’s Services have a duty to consider making section 47 enquiries, to see if they need to take any protective action, in order to keep your children safe. You may want to copy your solicitor into your letter.

If your children remain subject to a child protection plan, they must assess the risks to the children, and a parent’s support needs. Therefore, you may ask to be referred to the freedom programme to help you come to terms with the domestic abuse. Have you asked for a counselling referral? You may find it helpful to contact the Rights of Women , 020 7251 6577 or 020 7608 1137 (London only) a service dedicated to offering practical, emotional and legal advice to women that may have similar support needs to yourself.

Should you wish to speak to an adviser, can I suggest you contact our advice line on 0808 801 0366 Monday to Friday 09.30 am to 03.00 pm.

Best Wishes

Suzie