court and help

advice

court and help

Post by advice » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:00 pm

Currently going through a contact case, judge isvon the verge of offering supported access, as of yet the thoughts and feelings of the children have not been heard, we lived in refuge, they are fearful but no one is helping my children, this situation is now becoming dangerous and a risk to them. Please i realyly don't know what to do,

femmelibre

Re: court and help

Post by femmelibre » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:22 pm

I had this happen to me - we were also in a refuge.

Firstly how old are your children and did they witness the DV? I only ask because my solicitor told me that if the children witness DV their wishes HAVE to be taken into account. My daughter was 6 when she witnessed it and 7 when the contact case came to court. I had to fight contact all the way but in the end the kids wishes were listen to. My suggestion is to really push your solicitor to get the court to look at the long term damage that contact may cause. Not just directly to the kids but also indirectly - how will you manage if they have contact and how will that effect the kids?

Please let me know how you get on.
Sending you my very best wishes

XXX x

Edited by Suzie to remove personal information