Desissions of SP

mummystified

Desissions of SP

Post by mummystified » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:44 pm

I would like some urgent advice please. My mum and her partner have been granted SPO of my son. I am staying with them at the moment and my son hasnt returned home from school (he does this a lot). My son calls me and says he will only return if i go and get him altho he wont tell me where he is at until I get to town. I have rung my mother who was out looking for him and told her but she tells me not to go to town because she's the one in control. Since then my step father gets back and says he has spoken rationally with my son and says he will pick him up at nine ( my sons hasnt text om back to confirm this) I dont know what to do please help me
PS The argument they had was due to a razor blade that went missing so whilts he was 'asleep' they searched his room.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Desissions of SP

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:46 pm

Dear Mummystified

Welcome to the Parents’ Discussion Board.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group. I am sorry that your post was not responded to sooner due to the volume of work we are currently.

You are clearly concerned about your son’s behaviour. Do you mean that your mum and partner has a special guardianship order? Am not sure what an SPO relates to.

It is not clear from your post how old your son is but if he continually fails to return home and put himself in danger then there may be concerns that he is beyond parental control.

As I am not sure what order your son is subject to it is difficult to give clear advice. It seems however that your mother and her partner are the people responsible for his care so I think you should allow them to deal with him. If not, your son will be getting mixed message about who is responsible for him.

If you can clarify the type of order and post again that would be helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie