For my children xxx

Cat

For my children xxx

Post by Cat » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:41 pm

Hi Iam just wondering is there anyway I could get an advacate for my kids..or an independent visitor? I have to get someone to talk to them ASAP. Someone that is not involved with any of these horrible professionals that all sided with the s servicers the last time and robbed my kids from me. As we're back in court on the 26th of this month hopeing to dismiss this awful lie of a care order. And could I get another solicitor to represent them as the last 1 didn't take the wishes of both my kids and took the side of the social servicers and her and the guardian just looked to clicky. I really dont get why they treat us parents like we are missing the second hand from our clocks. Thanks XXXX xxx
Last edited by Suzie, FRG Adviser on Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To prevent a breach of confidentiality

Cat

Re: For my children xxx

Post by Cat » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:50 pm

Sorry what's happened

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:05 pm

Dear Cat

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear how difficult things have been for you and that you are worried about your children and feeling so let down by children’s services.

There are advocates who work with children who are in foster care and who help them express their views in or to meetings when decisions are being made about them. Some advocates also support children who are the subject of a court case. If you have a look at pages 11 to 15 of our advice sheet on advocacy for families when social workers make plans for their children you can find out more about the situations in which a child has either a right to advocacy or a strong argument can be made that they should have an advocate; these include child protection conferences, Looked After Child reviews or when a child in foster care who wants to make a complaint. You will also find contact details for organisations which offer advocacy to children such as National Youth Advocacy Service (NYAS), Voice of the child in care and Barnardo’s Youth Advocacy service.

For children who are in foster care, it is best to formally ask (in writing) their social worker and Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO) to arrange this.

An independent visitor is different to an advocate and their role is to befriend and support a child in care. If a child has limited contact or visits from their parent or family then their IRO should consider if an independent visitor should be appointed. The organisations mentioned above may also offer independent visitor services.

It is possible to change solicitors. It can be a good idea to try to resolve the difficulties first if possible. Here are some tips on how to do this. It can take some time to find a different solicitor though if you are on legal aid. Your hearing is on the 26th so time is quite short.

I hope this is helpful. Do call the Freephone advice line 0808 801 0366 Mon- Fri 9.30 – 3.00 if you would like to speak to an adviser.

With best wishes

Suzie

Temperance

Post by Temperance » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:03 am

I know of an excellent Barrister that will take Legal Aid. I don’t think I can mention her name, maybe her chambers in a private message?

Temperance

Post by Temperance » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:14 am

Here is the Barrister: https://twitter.com/SVPhillimore