Residence means we are left ro survive

Unlucky7

Residence means we are left ro survive

Post by Unlucky7 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:21 am

I care for my 3 siblings ages 1 6 12 I'm 18 parents on drugs and step dad abusive physically (no-one is bothered) I've been pressured to go for residence by the social worker and told to not refuse anything they advise or the children will be put into care no one will listen to anything I want to ask. The social services asked me to care for them and I don't even have my own place and I'm due to further my career in the army after passing my checks. I'm given a sum of money for the cost of caring for them but I have no money myself or savings for my future and right now the future isn't clear.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Residence means we are left ro survive

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:59 pm

Dear Unlucky7

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear about the difficult situation described. I have sent you a message privately asking for some clarification about your current/past situation. I have also responded to your two recent posts which I hope will be helpful to you.

If you have any current concerns for the safety and welfare of any child siblings you should share them directly with children's services.

However, if you need further advice then please post back with a brief summary of the current situation. If you prefer, you can call our freephone advice line on 0808 8010366 to talk through the situation with an adviser. The lines are open Mon to Fri from 9.30 am to 3.00 pnm (except bank holidays).

Best wishes

Suzie