Connected person assessment

Dunston

Connected person assessment

Post by Dunston » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:21 pm

Hi I had a cpa done and it was positive. It went to foster panel but failed that due to smoking . I have my grandson with me on an ico . Now social services want an addendum done for sgo. Cut long story short what I want to know is my son is going through proceedings for his other daughter as he has custody of his one child and now fighting for other and I have my grandson with me as well now the la I’m with had told the la my son is fight with that my cpa was failed but I have never been told this they told me mine was positive and I have it in black and white can someone help me with what I can do why would one la tell another lies about me failing it don’t make sence thank you in advance I hope this makes sence x

Robin D

Re: Connected person assessment

Post by Robin D » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:06 pm

Hi Dunston.

If you have the positive assessment in 'black and white' I suggest you ask your son for the contact details of the social worker at his end. You could then send a copy of the evidence through with a copy to your own LA and ask how this misinformation has happened. If that gets you no-where, then raising a complaint to both local authorities with a copy (With a covering letter) to your MP may bring results.

Edit to add. In your complaints do not refer to the LA telling lies, surest way possible to get their backs up. Use words like misinformation, misunderstanding and being 'unsure that they have grasped the situation correctly'. That way you give room for movement, often with the explanation that they are under huge pressure. ;)

You will find a lot of help at https://frg.org.uk/get-help-and-advice/what/complaints/.

Good luck .... Robin
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

Dunston

Post by Dunston » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:47 pm

Thank you for your reply this is very helpful I really appreciate it x

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:00 pm

Dunston wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:21 pm Hi I had a cpa done and it was positive. It went to foster panel but failed that due to smoking . I have my grandson with me on an ico . Now social services want an addendum done for sgo. Cut long story short what I want to know is my son is going through proceedings for his other daughter as he has custody of his one child and now fighting for other and I have my grandson with me as well now the la I’m with had told the la my son is fight with that my cpa was failed but I have never been told this they told me mine was positive and I have it in black and white can someone help me with what I can do why would one la tell another lies about me failing it don’t make sence thank you in advance I hope this makes sence x
Dear Dunston

Welcome to the kinship carers’ discussion forum and thank you for posting.

My name is Suzie online adviser at Family Rights Group. In your post you mention that you had a positive connected person assessment although not approved by the fostering panel due to smoking. This is something you can no doubt address if you wish.

It is very concerning to you that information given by your local authority to another local authority with whom your son is involved, that you had a negative connected person assessment which is incorrect. Perhaps they were told there was a negative outcome at panel and there is a use of incorrect words. However, I understand that you are concerned about this information being shared incorrectly.

You have had some helpful advice from another poster, and I suggest you contact the social worker to find out how this could have happened. I think there is likely to be a simple explanation but if you do not get a satisfactory response then you can consider if you need to make a formal complaint. You can read about complaints in this link.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie