The final in a week - urgent advice

JCU25

The final in a week - urgent advice

Post by JCU25 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:51 am

Truly sorry for the posts, the final is in a 8 days and it's all coming to an end soon. I'm really frightened by what the outcome could be. I'm self representing and do not know how to prepare nor how to submit my evidence to the court.

Since my previous post the guardian has said it could be that she changes her opinion (currently negative) IF I can provide 2 references and the property inspection. However, it seems to be a constant battle with the local authority. I have complied with everything and given them all the requested information but they are now wanting consent to speak to my psychiatrist. I am unsure if I should provide this information anymore as they have already concluded their assessment in Feb. I'm not sure what the "further information" they hope to find.

The main issue however is that - They have asked their legal team who have said that since I asked for an additional assessment by an ISW to challenge the LAs report which the Judge is not likely to grant or consider due to the timescales, they will not be doing the property inspections and references (which I had initially struggled to find when the assessment was ongoing.)

Is there any likelihood that I can say I do not wish for another assessment and that the LA complete the references and property inspection as these were the key issues the social worker had?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: The final in a week - urgent advice

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:49 pm

Dear JCU25,

Thank you for your further post. The final hearing is happening very soon and you have a few questions in the lead up.

Firstly you say that the children’s services have asked for your consent to speak with your psychiatrist. It is up to you whether you give consent for this; however bear in mind that if the psychiatrist is able to provide further information in your favour then this may benefit you.

Your second question is whether you can withdraw your request for an additional ISW assessment to challenge the assessment completed by the social worker. If you wish to withdraw this request then I would suggest that you do this as soon as possible so that there is enough time for the property inspection and references to be completed before the court hearing begins. If these are not completed before the court hearing then I would suggest that you bring this up in the hearing and explain the situation to the court. If you are able to provide references then I would suggest that you do this regardless and provide copies to the court.

I hope that this is of some help and wish you all the best in the final hearing. Please post again if you have any further queries.

Best wishes,
Suzie