Legal guardian stopping contact with family members

Mollymoo

Legal guardian stopping contact with family members

Post by Mollymoo » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:35 am

A legal guardian was chosen for two members of our family due to I'll health of the parents , brother and sister aged 13 & 15 were placed in her care , the older girl became a problem , she is now with us in foster care , but since then the legal guardian is stopping all contact with the siblings and all our family , has she got the right to do this .

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Legal guardian stopping contact with family members

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:08 pm

Dear Mollymoo,

Welcome to the forum and thankyou for your post.

Before I am able to give you any specific advice I wondered if you could respond to the following questions so that I can clarify your situation?

You say that the older child is now in your care under a foster care arrangement. Is this a section 20 (voluntary arrangement) or was there a care order granted?

And secondly, I am unclear about who is not able to have contact with who? Could you be specific about this – is it the child who lives with you (the 15 year old) who is not having contact with her brother? Or is it the child that still lives with the guardian (the 13 year old) who is being denied contact with his sister and the rest of the family?

You may find this general advice about contact when a child is accommodated under a voluntary arrangement helpful, as well as information here about contact arrangements when a child is in care under a court order.

If you could respond to these questions then I will be in a better position to provide you with advice. Or if you prefer you can call our helpline on 0808 801 0366 (Monday to Friday, 9:30am – 3pm) to speak with an adviser.

Best wishes,
Suzie