Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:06 pm


Post by Charity » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:27 am

I have an SGO order, for my 5 grandchildren ages between 3 to 10, they have been in my care since 2016. Initially I had a good support system from my ex Partner whom is the Maternal grandfather, yet he has been diagnosed with terminal cancer since 2017.
I have recently been looking into it possible extra tutition for the girls as I feel I need extra help with there educational needs, can I access the fostering funding for this requirement or do I pay for it out of my SGO allowance.

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:25 am

Re: Funding

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:10 pm

Dear Charity

Thank you for your post. I am not sure what you mean by accessing ‘fostering funding’ for your grandchildren’s addition educational support.

Generally you or any other person who has parental responsibility (PR) for a child and who wishes to enhance the child’s educational chances can enrol the child, for example, in a local after school activity, payment of this can come from your household income or any source that you use to meet the needs of your child.

If you think that your child(ren) may have additional needs perhaps you can ask their class teacher or the person at their school responsible for educational plans (sometimes this person is called a SENco) to do an assessment for you. You may ask a local authority social worker to undertake a child in need assessment, more information about this can be found in our Family support advice sheet.

I hope this information is useful.

Best wishes


Post Reply