Failed viability and solicitors fees

Bev64

Failed viability and solicitors fees

Post by Bev64 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:11 pm

Hi. I have just failed a viability assessment for my Granddaughter.. Could anyone tell me how much solicitors fees would be, firstly to apply to the courts to be part of proceedings and if we are granted this how much would a barristers fees be for the actual final hearing.. The case is listed for 3 days. Thanks Bev

Robin D

Re: Failed viability and solicitors fees

Post by Robin D » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:57 am

Hi Bev.

You do not need a solicitor to apply to be part of proceedings. You apply directly to the court office for the court concerned. You can download the form at http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/for ... b_0414.pdf. There is a fee that needs to be paid. Many people find that going into the court office is very helpful as they will assist you to complete the forms.

The first half hour of a solicitors time is usually free. However costs can mount after that. You do not need a solicitor to make you case in court. You can be a litigant in person. Alternatively, you can go straight to your local 'chambers' to find a barrister. Fees vary massively depending on experience, location and reputation. https://www.barstandardsboard.org.uk/us ... barrister/ will help, but possibly cheapest if you are not in London is to contact your local ones. Searching for 'Barrister' with your postcode into www.yell.com will show you local options. They will give you a better indication of costs.

Good luck. .... Robin
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

Devotedgrandma

Re: Failed viability and solicitors fees

Post by Devotedgrandma » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:04 pm

Hi, can I just say don't give up. Myself and husband failed our initial viability assessment but fought for an independent assessment to be done and we passed that with flying colours and are now proud to be approved family and friends fosterer for our grandson until we get SGO