assessment

tracy2012

assessment

Post by tracy2012 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:40 am

Hi can anyone help please . Had my viability assessment on 21st January just found out I am going start full assessment . To get my 2 nephews out of foster care. I got put forward via my nephew these are his children . If I fail they going be adopted . What are my chances in passing this. As social services will not let me see my nephews in case I fail. Is there anything I can do get them with us while do assessment please . The longer they stay in care they not going rember me. Thank you

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: assessment

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:48 pm

Dear Tracy2012

Welcome to the family and friends discussion board. Congratulations on the news that you have been progressed to a full assessment for your nephews.
It will be imperative that you fully engage with the assessment process, are transparent about any concerns the Local Authority have in respect of the children's welfare at this time.
For instance, what knowledge if any did you have about any safeguarding issues, and what attempts you may have made to report or support their parents in the initial stages. You may also wish to consider your previous parenting history, any past involvement with Children's Services, how you may manage contact with parents, what are your and the children's short and longer term support needs. Significantly, you may find it helpful to join one of the parents' contact sessions as part of any assessment that is undertaken as this will give the assessor the opportunity to observe your interactions with the children, your ability to meet their needs and how child focussed you are able to be in their presence.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes

Suzie