Nursery

millie

Nursery

Post by millie » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:43 pm

Hi I haven't posted on here for a while but thankfully we got a sgo for our 2 grandchildren. Everything has been going great , the children see their mum once a fortnight . The eldest goes to school and the youngest who is 3 and starts school in September.
Today when I took the youngest to nursery I was asked to go into the managers office. I asked if there was a problem to which she replied that since Christmas our gc hasn't been theirselves but couldn't quite put their finger on it. He was nt well before Christmas but since returning (which is 2 weeks) Because he is starting school they are encouraging the children to sit still at story time which they are struggling with and also he hit a little boy yesterday. She then said normally she would just pass it off but because of my grandchilds history she couldn't do this and asked if I d noticed anything and what do I think about play therapy.
She then said that yesterday she got my eldest grandchilds file out (as they attended when they were younger) and asked how often they saw mum and if this was supervised or not (which it is).
She said at this moment and time she wasn't going to take any action because he was just like any other toddler but will keep an eye on him.
I came away feeling hurt upset and confused. Can anyone advise please

millie

Re: Nursery

Post by millie » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:52 am

Hi Irene thanks for your reply. We used to have supervised contact at home but changed it to contact outside the home. Play centre etc. We changed it because mum used to get very silly (childlike) and the eldest was embarrassed or mum just sat and didn't interact. The children still want to see mum especially the older one( we ve spoken about this). Mum has nt always been like this, halfway through the proceedings she suffered meningitis which has scarred the brain and left her with memory and speech problems.
At nursery when our gc hit the little boy. The little boy had taken a toy off him. Gc has never liked his space invaded but we are getting over this issue and we have felt that his behaviour is improving . He tends to misbehave when he's tired.

millie

Post by millie » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:45 pm

That's what we thought, but the only trouble is it's making me feel very uneasy and obviously we don't want ss involved again.
Yesterday I was told our gc had accidentally poked someone in the eye, both were taken to another room and gc was told to say sorry which he did . I said good boy so it was an accident only to be told that she didn't know as she wasn't there and she didn't see what had happened
Today I was told he got tired towards the end of nursery but was fine.
Do I have anything to worry about or are they just doing their job. I think it is probably because I was taken to one side that has made me feel uneasy and I understand a child has to be disciplined in a appropriate way if they have done wrong

millie

Post by millie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:43 am

I could give that a go if she says anything else to me. Thanks. I have thought about moving nurseries, putting gc in the one that is attached to the school we wish him to go to but don't really want to unsettle him especially if he does nt get a place at that school

MandyLou

Post by MandyLou » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:52 am

If he is with you under SGO he will get priority on school choices, so you are more likely to be able to get a place at the school of your choice.
You should also get pupil premium for the nursery. If there are issues, you could ask if the pupil premium can be used for supporting him.
Sounds like he's just a normal little boy though!

millie

Post by millie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:26 pm

Hi thanks for the replies. It certainly looks that way Irene and you ve definitely got a point about changing his nursery.
When my grandson first started nursery I think they tried for the pupil premium for him but were turned down.
Grandson did go into foster care for 8 weeks before being placed in our care. The school we have applied for is not in our catchment area but his sister goes to this school so we d like them to be together but also she has a taxi paid for ( SEN ) would our grandson get transport paid or not. He hasn't got a SEN

Thanks

millie

Post by millie » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:38 am

Ok thanks Irene