Supervision?

Jim84

Supervision?

Post by Jim84 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:25 pm

Hi,

Some quick query's

If children's services cannot enforce unsupervised contact between a parent and child, without consent, court orders or police involvement...Why did they make does claims and recommendation's during a cin plan and why did they enforce it during a child protection plan? I mean everybody who seen the case file and up to iro level must be aware of this...any reason why a whole borough would ignore fundamental legislation for so long (18months) even after complaints procedure is drawing to end of stage2?

FRG child protection information states a local authority after the initial referral must seek the consent of a parent to be assessed...is this the same consent as the consent sought for disclosure of medical and police records etc..

If discrepancies are found between original documents provided at the time, a later subject of access request, and dates and alterations made to the detailed notes were does one raise those concerns because the complaint department is not interested?

Apologies if this can be found elsewhere but the headings and volume of threads makes it difficult to search everything.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Supervision?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:51 pm

Hello

Welcome to the discussion boards. My name is Suzie and I am an adviser at FRG.

Unfortunately, it is difficult for me to answer the questions you are posing as they really need to be directed at the local authority- something which I am sure you are doing in your complaint to them.

From what you have said, it seems that children's services support contact and have tried to encourage this. It may be that they hoped they could establish a positive pattern of contact and that this would be maintained once their influence reduced. As you have stated, however, children's services have no power to enforce contact arrangements without consent and/ or an order of the court.

With regards complaints, you are right to pursue these through the formal process. If you are unable to get a satisfactory resolution from this, the next step would be to involve the local government ombudsman or seek legal advice.

Please do come back if you have any further, specific questions.

Best Wishes

Suzie
FRG Adviser

Jim84

Re: Supervision?

Post by Jim84 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:59 pm

Thanks

yes, trying to deal with it, way to much information to be posting on forums
your guides have been really helpful

Still wondering if you would know were it states i the child protection procedures is the consent parents sign for medical disclosure ad police records the same as consent to be assesed as stated in your guide? thanks