Ss have potentially given out my location in assessment!

Mammanenna

Ss have potentially given out my location in assessment!

Post by Mammanenna » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:07 pm

Hi,
I have recieved my family/connected person assessment (positive) and it shows information that could narrow down where i live to 3 front doors!
Most information has been redacted for security but they left in some info that, when put into google, tells you everything (along with the other info in assessment) you need to find where i live!
The ONLY issue that was highlighted before my assessment and within it is he security of the placement and it was imperative that the bp dont know where i live. I managed to keep my address private for 3 yrs and hey hand it to them on a plate!
How will this affect things and what can i do???
Only have around 15 working days until final hearing!?
Thanks

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Ss have potentially given out my location in assessment!

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:13 pm

Hi mammanenna,

You need to act quickly. Can you telephone or email the social worker/ team manager or services manager and explain the difficulty?

If they agree with you, they would need to get in touch with the parents solicitors and ask that they hold off sending out the assessment until it has been amended.

If the report has already been sent to the parents, then decisions will be made about whether the copies could be collected in and whether steps will need to be taken to protect you and the children.

Best wishes,

Suzie

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:16 pm

Immediately get on to the 'Legal dept' at the local authority and explain the situation, asking that they recall the document if not too late! IMHO, you will get a better response than simply complaining to the SW who simply don't understand.

Tell the legal dept you will hold them responsible if anything happens.
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:17 pm

Ahh. I see Suzie beat me too it! ;)
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

Mammanenna

Post by Mammanenna » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:08 pm

Thanks to both for your responses. I have been on to legal since first thing this morning and am chasing with all my might!
They have confirmed that it was sent to all parties but i am trying to get an answer as to whether it has been shared with their clients (bp)
Im gobsmacked at their stupidity tbh!

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:32 pm

If it was a rare error, I'd have some sympathy with them, but its not. There have been several similar posts on this forum over the years. We had similar issues about 15 years ago with someone who the police had told us we must ring 999 if they turn up (for our protection).

A SW came to see us to get some background information to help the person concerned and promptly told them the town and road where we had now moved too! I'm afraid some (but not all by any means), don't have any idea about confidentiality.

Good luck with getting it pulled back. Hopefully no damage done.

Mammanenna

Post by Mammanenna » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:26 pm

Thank you.
In looking for an answer i have come across several similar cases.
Ive spoken with the sw and their legal team. They are all scrambling to find out if it has been shared with bp's.
If it has, the sw has told me she can't guarantee it wont have an impact on the outcome of the courtcase and we would have to deal with it in court on the day. She also advised that there are orders they can put in place such as a prohibited contact order (or something similar, ive spiken to so many people my head is spinning!)
I will hopefully hear some positive news in the morning. Wish me luck!

Mammanenna

Post by Mammanenna » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:27 pm

Prohibited steps order*