positive assesment help needed

mamma

positive assesment help needed

Post by mamma » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:24 pm

Hi all i have now got a positive assessment, i need help and advice how to convince the LA to place grandson with me till the final court date witch is 1st june, any advice and wording of how to convince its in my grandsons best interest to return to me and not to stay in foster care
thankyou in advance
mamma

mamma

Re: positive assesment help needed

Post by mamma » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:15 am

hi irene, parents have been found not guilty of child abuse or caused injuries with intent but lack of parenting skills, LA want assessments on both parents, this cant be arranged till april, meaning due to getting all results and copies to the advacates, final hearing is set for june. even the judge isnt happy this is taking to long seeing as the child has been in F/C since may 2014. The child and mother live 90 miles away from me and the plan was always to move closer, regreatably child was taken into F/C 5 days before moving, this is still the plan, if the judge and L/A allow this so if the child is returned to parents it will be at my home, if the judge desides im to have the child it will be in my home. So either way the child will live in my home. i feel he shouldnt be in F/C any longer than he has to be, dont get me wrong foster carer is lovely and if id met her any other way wed be great friends. weve asked her if shed like to still be apart of his life. As he will know his full history. Ive been doing a life story for him. id just like him home asap if possible

mamma

Post by mamma » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:19 am

sorry forgot yes S/S arranged for my assessment, ive also been on the 6 days fostering course, the hearing in june is the final hearing, to where child will be rehomed and when thankyou for reply

mamma

Post by mamma » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:50 pm

i will only ask for sg if hes not returned to parents, i just feel ive been through all the assessments and training and hes still in fostercare
thankyou

mamma

Post by mamma » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:42 pm

the assessors plan is help me go for sg if not returned to parents, as they say the least time they are in the care system the better. all i asked was for help and advice, to help me word things to the s/w on getting g/s home before the final hearing, i was told one reason for not moving the child was not being able to arrange a contact center near me. i feel this is another stalling tatic as contact centers must get new cases daily

mamma

Post by mamma » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:29 pm

thankyou for reply im 90 miles away they have contact 3 times a week, my other family members are willing to let them live with them so they will be 3 miles away, i just feel they want to keep everything 90 miles away till the end, my argument is either way the child will be moving to my home weather it be now or in 6 months. the child is 10 months and the attacment with foster carer is getting stronger. which im happy he has. but feel another 6 months will be harder and longer process to return
thankyou again for your help and advice

mamma

Post by mamma » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:35 am

thats wonderful to hear, did you have contact, i see g/s for a hour every other week, he does know me, but breaks my heart when f/c comes in and wants her more. what was your plan from la for moving your g/d home ie how long did it take. what did you have to do. heard so many things, one it happens in contact center 2 you go to f/c house and see routines, parents are also writing a letter to support me having g/s untill final outcome thankyou again

mamma

Post by mamma » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:32 am

wow would you come with me to meet my g/s s/w what a great argument, do you mind if i copy that ? how do you get unsupervised visits was this after the assessment or before ? thankyou keep your advice coming please it really does help me. i knew nothing about the care system before this. I dont know alot now, i know that they like to rule what they says goes no matter how i feel

mamma

Post by mamma » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:39 am

I also feel if i show/say things like what you said i feel they may think im agressive am not one bit am so frustrated by it all, all i get is i know you love him and we want him to return home, but..........

mamma

Post by mamma » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:44 am

this got me annoyed you was saying about the holiday, last august f/c was going on holiday parents didnt want him togo as you say they wouldnt of seen him for 2 weeks. s/w didnt listen was set to get him a passport. it turned out he was to young to go on a cruise ship. he was packed away for respite only seeing her for one afternoon. yet they say to return him it will take around 6 weeks