SGO advice, length of time it takes and what to expect

rsvmad1

SGO advice, length of time it takes and what to expect

Post by rsvmad1 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:52 am

Hi.. I recently won a court battle against The Local Authority to get my nephew with me instead of him spending the rest of his childhood in Long Term Foster Care. (The Local Authority failed my assessment which I had to contest in Court)

The Judge ruled in my favour giving me a 12 month Care Order and Residence Order. The Judge also told The Local Authority they must assess me for SGO, which will be taking place in the New Year.

I would be great full for any info on how long the assessment will take and what to expect?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rsvmad1

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: SGO advice, length of time it takes and what to expect

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:05 pm

Dear Rsvmad 1,

Welcome to the friends and family carers discussion board!
A lot of the other users of the forum are special guardians and are experts on the court process and support that might be available.

If you have time, you should also read our advice sheet about DIY special guardianship orders. It sets out the court process, what a special guardianship order gives and most of all from page 39-what support might be available.
I hope you find it helpful. But please post back if you have any further questions.

Best wishes,
Suzie