The never ending story?

mamma

Re: The never ending story?

Post by mamma » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:09 pm

cazza my heart goes out to you, im going through the same thing, i know youve posted on my thread as well. my son has asd and yes i never wanted him to have a child cus of the concerns with ability to look after, i spent 3 weeks with them helping them, 3 weeks after id gone a injury occurs and g/s gets taken into care. its been 5 months now and as you say ive been through assessment only one big negative safeguarding, panel have said i need to go on the fostering training course witch im very much looking forward to. also the assessor was told to go away and do more work with me and im back at the panel after the finding of fact in december. i wish you all the luck in the world, even though i have family and friends i still feel alone as only i can make them change there mind and let me have my g/s other wise ill have to wait till hes 18 and that breaks my heart to even think about xxxxx

mamma

Post by mamma » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:25 pm

ied53 thankyou and i will, is there any work sheets on this training so i can read up about,
Last edited by mamma on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:35 pm

Mamma.

Can you please edit your last post and remove the references to the city please? It's important everything here stays anonymous for your sake.

Fostering training is very good. If you look on the Fostering Network site, I think they have some useful information.

best wishes .... Robin
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.