Survey of kinship carers using this forum, past and present

David Roth

Survey of kinship carers using this forum, past and present

Post by David Roth » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:16 pm

We would like to ask you to fill in a survey questionnaire, which is aimed at any family and friends carer who has used this discussion forum, whether you post on it now, used to post on it but stopped, or just browse it without posting.

The survey is being carried out by Roseanne McGlade, a student from Birmingham University who is studying for her Masters degree, and who is a strong supporter of family and friends care being used more often as an option for children who can't be with their parents. She has compiled the survey in consultation with us at Family Rights Group.

All the information that you provide is in strictest confidence, and when Roseanne writes her report it will not contain any information that could be used to identify you or the children. However, your responses will help us at FRG know what your thoughts are about the forum, and help us to think about ways that it could be improved.

You can complete the survey by following this link: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1688669/D ... evaluation
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

Roseanne McGlade

Re: Survey of kinship carers using this forum, past and pres

Post by Roseanne McGlade » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:05 pm

Thank you David for posting the link to the survey. I just wanted to introduce myself – my name is Roseanne McGlade and I am the person carrying out the survey as part of an evaluation of the discussion board.

I feel very strongly that children should be brought up within the family where possible and that family and friends should have support to care for children who cannot live with their parents. For my dissertation I am looking at the support available to family and friend carers, also known as kinship carers or connected person carers and I am evaluating this discussion board for family and friends carers. The Charity hopes that this information will help them to have a better understanding of who uses the discussion board, how it has affected them and ways to possibly improve the service.

I would like to say thank you to the people who have already completed the survey, your responses have been very useful.

It would be really helpful if other people could also complete the survey this week as I would really like to hear the different experiences people have had when using the forum.

The survey should only take around 10 minutes to complete and there’s also a link at the top of the page which allows you to save what you have done and complete it later.

I am also carrying out interviews with family and friends carers. During the survey, there is an opportunity to say whether you would be willing to take part in the interview. The interview should take 20-30 minutes.

If you would like to take part in the interview but not the survey or if you have any questions about the survey or the evaluation, please contact me using the discussion board’s private messaging service or send an email to the email address given on the first page of the survey.

Thank you for your help,

Roseanne McGlade

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:47 pm

Just a reminder that if you are interested in answering the questions in this survey you should follow the link above.

You will be helping FRG to know about what the people using or reading this forum think is good or bad about it, and you will help Roseanne with her research into family and friends care.
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

Roseanne McGlade

Post by Roseanne McGlade » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:24 pm

Thank you to everyone who has already completed the survey, your responses have been really helpful.

The deadline for responses is this Sunday (10th of August) and so if you haven’t already completed the survey, it would be really useful if you could do so by the end of Sunday. Please click on the link above to complete the survey. It should only take 10 minutes and each response helps to build a picture of who is using the forum and how and what they think of it so every response is valuable.

I hope you’re having a good summer – thank you for all of your support so far,

Roseanne McGlade

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:13 pm

I'll confirm that its a painless process! ;) The more people who can help, the better.
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.