challenging a decision

wendynogs

challenging a decision

Post by wendynogs » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:23 pm

Hi i have challenged the decision the process and the outcome of a section 47 enquiry formally through the complaints process and I have not had a response back within the timescale promised
What do I do next?? please

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: challenging a decision

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:14 pm

Hello Wendynogs

My name is Suzie and I am an adviser at Family Rights Group. I'm sorry to hear about your ongoing frustrations with Children's Services.

If you made your complaint directly to the complaints team, I would advise that you go back to them to ask what is happening and when you can expect to get a response.

If your complaints was made to the social worker, manager or chairperson then you could take your concerns to their manager or simply contact the complaints team and ask them to take the matter on.

In any case, I would advise that you put your concerns in writing and give a clear timescale for when you expect to have a response.

Alternatively, you could contact the local government ombudsman to discuss your complaint. Generally, the ombudsman would not become involved in a complaint until you have been through the local authority's internal complaints policy but they may be able to give you some useful advice, particularly if you are being prevented from progressing through the internal policy.

You can read more about the complaints process on our advice sheet here.

I hope this is helpful.

Best Wishes

Suzie
FRG Adviser

wendynogs

Post by wendynogs » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Hi Suzie

Thank you for your reply. I have appealed the decision of the child protection conference in a timely fashion ie within the 28 days and have had no response I clearly believe passionately that there has been a great deal of misinformation and hearsay presented as evidence and downright lies presented as fact for what ever reason and have contacted the ombudsman who was not helpful I now learn they have permission for a plo and am livid that the process for complaining is just not working I will get back to them today

wendynogs

Post by wendynogs » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:41 pm

Hi I received the SAR request today and all relevant documents have been deleted or redacted
there is no information re the strategy meetings no minutes no reports nothing just what I have already been given I am utterly frustrated that the due processes do not seem to have to be adhered to how can this be?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Hi Wendynogs,

You don’t say who you complained to or what stage of the complaints process you are at. I’m sorry you didn’t find the ombudsman helpful. As I stated in my last post, unfortunately the LGO usually won’t get involved unless you’ve been through the whole of the internal complaints procedure. I’d urge you to keep pursuing this and refer you to the advice sheet in my last post.

Also here is a link to the advice sheet on access to records: http://www.frg.org.uk/images/Advice_She ... ecords.pdf, which includes information on what to do when information is being held back.

Best wishes

Suzie