ss

liltombell

ss

Post by liltombell » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:28 am

This is the first time ever in my life that i find the need to express the devastation a family experience under the care of the ss. I have 2 grandchildren that i have cared for since birth one is 11 and the other is 9. unfortunately they have to date had a very turbulent up bringing which is why we decided to help as much as possible. They would stay with us between 3-6 nights a week depending on what the mother had planned we have supported them emotionally financially educationally provided them with security. We have had no choice but to play the parent role and with the blessing of mum and dad (dad being our own son). We have providied them with a holiday every year and recreational hobbies, clothing and all the other things that children require. I have even made visits to the doctors with them. Unfortunately some 8 weeks ago my grandaughter made an allegation about my other son, ss were got involved and i insisted that i speak with them to express our concern around the lack of engagement from the biological parents and that our grandaughter has always been a worry because of the influence of the mum and the way she had allowed our grandaughter to be privy to way to much adult conversation and behaviours. For example, mum waxing her legs at 7 years old and openly discussing sexual abuse and having a know convicted peadophiles son stay over regularly for drinks,and the many many on off relationships that she has allowed to come into the kids lifes and then go. Not to mention that it has always been stipulated to the kids that if dad dont pay me then you wont see him. No money no kids. My grandson who is 11 was given to us at the age of 11months and taken back at 20months because she split with my son> she has put my son in prison for 6 months on a rape charge only for her to make a confession on the day of the crown court that she was lying and that to have him locked up for 6 months because the police wouldnt grant him bail was punishment enough. This she managed to do because she was having an affair with the arresting police officer.could go on but i am actually drained with it all. Let me give you a very brief run down on the allegation. I feel I can because my grandaughter disclosed to me . It went like this: She adores my son and would be all over him if he visited and if he was staying over she would always say I want to sleep in his bed, the very first time he allowed it was the time of the allegation.There has been no change towards my son in her behaviour on the many times they .........

Edited by Suzie in accordance with our rules

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: ss

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:30 am

Dear Liltombell,

I am sorry that your family have been having such a difficult time. I agree that your grand children seem to have been through turbulent times in the past. You have started explaining that children’s services (CS) –the new name for social services are involved due to an allegation made by your granddaughter. However, I don’t believe that you finished your post-maybe due to the distressing nature of the allegation. Please post again for support from others on the forum or you may want to discuss with an advisor on our help line. If so, please call 0808 801 0366.

Here is our advice sheet about child protection investigations that you may find helpful.

http://www.frg.org.uk/pdfs/9.%20Child%2 ... edures.pdf

Best wishes,

Suzie