Nearly over

lilyjo777

Re: Nearly over

Post by lilyjo777 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:49 pm

Court Wednesday. Never been so afraid in my life. I know i have to stay strong but at the moment i feel like running away.Before my daughter died i promished her that i would look after her children. My gd son is in pieces. Hes had a tough time .He was 14 when mum died and 3 weeks later his dad died. When he came to live with us he had not been to school for 4 years because of his temper .He was allowed to run wild. He weighed 18 stone. He is now 17 goes to college and weighs 9 stone.But now he fears that he will loose his sister. I have tried reassuring him and i have shown him this site.He stays in his bedroom and crys.Why is life so cruel.All i ever done is loved and protected my grandchildren, We have a good and happy life now all that could be taken from us

Kate

Post by Kate » Tue May 10, 2011 1:14 am

lilyjo, my heart goes out to you. I truly cannot believe the court would take away your granddaughter, who has only ever known life with you, especially when her brother is also with you. Splitting up siblings is not something they do without very good reason.

I know there are no words to take away the terrible fears you and your grandson are feeling, but just want to echo fatcat's sentiments -we are all with you in spirit. I hope and pray this knowledge strengthens you for Wednesday and please let us know how it goes.

lilyjo777

Post by lilyjo777 » Wed May 11, 2011 8:44 pm

We were back in court today.I was all fired up and ready .We waited around for 5 hours to be told that the case would be ajourned till august because a witness was not available . So we have another 3 months of torment.

Kate

Post by Kate » Thu May 12, 2011 12:17 am

I'm so sorry lilyjo [:(][:(] You must have been at your wits' end after 5 hours, and despairing at this news. Why on earth does it have to take so long for another court date - I don't suppose you have the answer to that.

One thing to hold onto - I know you're so afraid your granddaughter will be removed and given to her father, but it's obvious no one is in any hurry to change anything. I hope between now and August it become crystal clear that she's going nowhere so that you can finally relax again.

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Thu May 12, 2011 11:27 am

In August that will be another three months that your granddaughter will have lived with you and built up the bonds between you.

You said in your first post that the guardian agrees that she ought to stay with you. The court guardians are enormously influential on the court's decisions. In reading your posts, I have read just how nervous you are about the court's decision going against you
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser