stage 2 complaint

youngagain

Re: stage 2 complaint

Post by youngagain » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi Kate, happy to hear that they are investigating your complaints[8D]

youngagain

Post by youngagain » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:17 pm

Update, Ombudsman is investigating most of our complaints, have a letter stating this. They have removed one complaint from my list for the second time. Assistance Ombudsman agrees that it should be included
but has declined to comment why they removed it from the list. I am preparing a file to send to the Attorney generals office.

clairespex

Post by clairespex » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Hi again,
To update, the respite in Bradford has totally unsettled my niece resulting in her behaviour worsening and her being excluded from school. She has also started running away and being violent towards me again. SS have took her back up to Bradford for extended respite while they decide if my house is 'the best place for her'. I have clearly stated that I want her back with me but that respite MUST be local so that she can move on with her life with me and put the bad memories of Bradford behind her.
I fear they are going to take her off me because they can't cope with providing us with support 80 miles away. SW even said on the phone 'it's about what's manageable'.
If they decide she can't return to me I will continue to pursue the complaint as I feel they must accept responsibility for messing up her life by putting her in their only other option - residential care rather than provide us with the support we need. I've informed the IRO, the Investigating Officer and the Independent Person. Is there anythign else I can do?
Cheers.

Spex
Spex

youngagain

Post by youngagain » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi yes, you can contact the LGO by email,go straight to the assistant ombudsman, they can intervene especially if the child's welfare is at risk.if the ss have done anything that is proven to be neglect or you have evidence that they have not acted in the child's best interest (please look up) then I report it to the police.I would also report it to my local M.P. and the chief executive of the council in question and let all of them know who has been informed.This may make them think twice.