Support group in Dartford

Piglets-House

Support group in Dartford

Post by Piglets-House » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:54 pm

I have been approached by several people about a group in Dartford and just wondered if anyone has any plans to set one up. I currently have 2 ladies in need of support that I have met but know there are 2 more at least so think it would be a good start for a group. They need support now though and I am going back to work soon so cannot continue if anyone is interested in getting a group off the ground in Dartford please email me.

Muspark

Re: Support group in Dartford

Post by Muspark » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:14 pm

http://sites.google.com/site/kentkinshipcare/

This is the link for Kent Kinship Care which offers support, group meetings and an advocacy service to Kinship Carers throughout Kent. People from the Dartford area are more than welcome to contact us. Full contact details are listed on the site. [:)]

Piglets-House

Post by Piglets-House » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:55 pm

There is no support group registered in Dartford on your site! So I assumed you do not have one in that area.

Muspark

Post by Muspark » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:23 pm

Thanks Piglet... we are aware that no group has been set up in this area as yet but we will travel out to support people in the dartford area until such a group is set up.

We are only three people and spend hours on the road going from one end of Kent to the other but we will happily make the journey if people need support and are finding it difficult to find an established group.

We can also be on the end of a phone if needed... not as good as a cup of tea and a chat but the next best thing!

Maybe the two carers that are in Dartford can get together and forge a group...small acorns etc, good luck