Cafcass report

lilyjo777

Cafcass report

Post by lilyjo777 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:18 pm

i was given a ro 3 years ago for my gd My daughter died and gd dad has his problems.Dads now wants residence. Cafcass had to make a final report .The report recommends that gd stays with us, We had a directions hearing and dad still wants to go for residence. Cafcass are going to visit us again before the final hearing. Can cafcass change their report now that its been submitted to the court.

maricharle

Re: Cafcass report

Post by maricharle » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi Lilyjo, If it is a recent report it is hard to see how they could change it although the could possibly add a supplemental report to the previous one. What cannot be changed are the positive facts about you and your circumstances. I would imagine although cannot be sure what they would want is to seek your views about the changing situation with the dad coming forward. That is not to say they would change their position about you. Cafcass like social services will no doubt have to go through the motions of speaking to you and the fahter to satify the court that they have considered the fathers request. You are in a strong position as you are already bring up your grand daughter successfully and have been doing so for years.

Stay strong. I hope all goes well for you.