urgent advice

trapper

urgent advice

Post by trapper » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:01 am

hi basicly i hav broke an restraining order made by a judge re my duaghter visiting my pproperty when im fostering my grandchildren i didnt call the police for sake of upsetting the boys and she didnt cause any harm she left when asked to i hav made a statement to the judge elplaining why and sorry now the la whant to take the boys from me last friday but i had a repreive to leaf them with me until a further hearing on tuesday i hav a solicitor but dont know if he has enough knowledge as i am a grandparent all info would help

youngagain

Re: urgent advice

Post by youngagain » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:13 am

I assume that your daughter is the person that is restrained by the order. as long as you took steps to protect the children ie did not allow any actual risk at the time of the visit, I can not see how by your daughter visiting you by her own choice breaking the order imposes any guilt on you.The children have a right to family life under he European rights act and this means that they can only be removed from your care if by being in your care they are at immediate proven danger of harm and that no other court order would allow the risk to be reduced. Your daughter broke the order not you and you can argue that as the children were present, you acted in their best interests by not calling the police as it would have caused a unessential dramatic and unknown result that could have effected the children in a negative way. I assume that the order is for your daughter.

Help 1870

Post by Help 1870 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:22 am

Trapper, I have sent you an email.

maricharle

Post by maricharle » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:31 am

Hi Trapper, I would say you acted as any responsible parent would do by asking your daughter to leave given the circumstances. Your daughter left which was the responsible thing for her to do in this situation too. I don't see where social services have grounds to remove the children from your care given the situation. I also believe by not involving the police you avioded a situation which could in other cicumstances have escalated. Had that occured the boys could have suffered anxiety and stress.

I would say well done for handling a delicate situation appropriately and hopefuuly the judge will see it like that too.

Good luck at the hearing. The boys are lucky to have you.

yogibear

Post by yogibear » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:31 pm

Good luck at your hearing Trapper.Let us know how you get on.

Of all the things I've lost. I miss my mind the most.
Of all the things I've lost. I miss my mind the most.

trapper

Post by trapper » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:26 pm

thanks all the ss hav put some more stuff in core papers but solicitor says theres holes in it theres been no gaurdian report they say but there has then guardian dissmissed i was told new gaurdians name early decem ss told my sol that there was no new gaurdian till 12th jan i then showed a text message frm old gaurdian from decembr tellin me her name so i sent my phone to the judge, lots of twisted stories in there report i can go on and on ill put more on soon but now hav to find more sights on web to try and help me fight to keep my grankids graham, also warn any of u out there dont trust yuor contact officer there buizy bodys