private fostering help needed please

helplessannie32

private fostering help needed please

Post by helplessannie32 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:15 pm

Hi this is my first post so sorry if i get it wrong. Social services has decided that my daughter should be in a private foster arrangement, as were not getting on at the moment as she's 15. They say she asked for it herself but i know she wouldnt of known how too. They have also said that her address has to to premantly and officially changed to private fosterers address, how can this be true and legal? Aswell as that theyve said everthing has to changed over to the carers name and they dont care if that means i have to lose money,pay extra bedroom tax or have to move as a result of it. How can this be right or even any good or help for the child and parent to get back to being a proper family again? Please help me as im at breaking point! Thanks helplessannie32

helplessannie32

Re: private fostering help needed please

Post by helplessannie32 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:47 am

Ok thank you could you tell me where the parents forum is please

Robin D

Re: private fostering help needed please

Post by Robin D » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:53 pm

Try http://www.frg.org.uk/ParentsForum/.

Fully understand where you are coming from and you have my utmost sympathy.

You might also want to call the advice line next week. They are very knowledgeable. 0808 801 0366.

Good luck .... Robin
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.