Looking for advice

honey

Looking for advice

Post by honey » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:26 pm

Hi all. Not sure if anyone will remember me but I used to post a couple of years ago as my parents were kinship carers for a family members 3 children. I have been visiting this site daily since, as it was a lot of use to us. Just to recap - the children went home to their parents. The parents have since seperated and the mother left so they are just with their dad. Anyway its another issue I need help with.

My parents have just taken on a friends child. Baby was originally with grandparents but their mother decided she didnt want him there anymore as the grandparents were apparently "trying to keep him". So they come in today with the kiddy and no social worker in sight. Though social worker has visited my parents and done the police check etc. It feels very much like they have set this up to be a private arrangement which my parents dont want. They will be applying for child benefit etc tomorrow. I was just wondering what they can do to make sure this is not a private arrangement with the mother?
I may have to hand over this account to them to post in the long run as I am due to have my baby in a matter of weeks, Im just looking for some help for them while I can lol.
Thanks in advance x

honey

Re: Looking for advice

Post by honey » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:15 am

Hi, thanks for the advice. It has been helpful.
We found out today that the child is being returned to the grandparents so that is the end of that one! Not sure of the details but they were at court today and it was decided, its probably for the best in a way as its family afterall. [:)]
Thankyou again, this site is invaluable at times to so many!

Kate

Re: Looking for advice

Post by Kate » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:23 am

Thanks for letting us know the outcome, honey. As you say the baby is with family so I hope it works out well for him. Good wishes to you and your family [:)]