Job Seekers Allowance

Ann Tucker

Job Seekers Allowance

Post by Ann Tucker » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:39 pm

Can anyone give any help or advice regarding JSA? A grandparent is concerned that she has no chose but to look for work in school holidays otherwise the JSA will stop her benefit. She has always worked but since caring for her grandchild recently it has been difficult for her to work.
Has anyone had this experience or is up to date with benefit policy? I would be very grateful for any advice / information.

Many thanks
Ann

Ann T
Ann T

Robin D

Re: Job Seekers Allowance

Post by Robin D » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:31 am

Ann. No-one else has picked this up meaning none of the regulars have recent experience in this area.

I would suggest that the grandparent concerned contacts her local Citizens Advice Bureaux for impartial advice on JSA. Alternatively Turn2Us looks useful although I know nothing about them so just be careful that you hand over no money.

Best wishes ........ Robin

Grandparent carer in Suffolk [:)]
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

David

Re: Job Seekers Allowance

Post by David » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:01 am

You might also find this web site useful: http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/home

The web site is more geared to people claiming benefits such as Incapacity Benefit & Disability Living Allowance, but they may have some useful info.
I found their advice invaluable in making a successful DLA claim for our grandchild.

David H - grandparent carer with Residnece Order
David - former kinship carer for SEND grandaughter, now retired and still appointee for her Universal Credit & DWP benefits