capping contributions

youngagain

capping contributions

Post by youngagain » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:00 pm

Here is a good analogy I think, the government have said that they want the maximum amount that any family should contribute to old age care is 35k (correct me if I am wrong please)So to provide an equitable base on care and as to not discriminate do you think it would be fair that all kinship carers should only be expected to contribute this amount to the cost of caring for children after which the state steps in?

Robin D

Re: capping contributions

Post by Robin D » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Can I have a refund please? [8D]

Grandparent carer in Suffolk [:)]
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

fatcat

Post by fatcat » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:47 pm

i don't think this is the same at all. the government is talking about the accommodation and care offered by a private company employing strangers to care for our elderly relatives. we care for our children because we love them, they are a part of us and we have a moral responsbility to keep them safe, if we are able.

every single one of us made a conscious decision to have our children, and although the kids keep us skint, it was our choice to have them.

fatcat

Post by fatcat » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:51 pm

that's good. there are so many discussions about financial support on this forum that i wasn't quite sure. i'll go and put my humour hat on right now, although sometimes forget where i left it......

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:12 am

That's strange fatcat. I sometimes can't find my humour hat either. I just put it down to having a senior moment! [8D]

The 14 year-old focus of our attentions, who now knows just about everything its possible to know, told me I was grumpy over the weekend. [:(] It had nothing to do with me getting slightly irritated by his bad behaviour of course! [;)]

Keep smiling.

Grandparent carer in Suffolk [:)]
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

youngagain

Post by youngagain » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:22 pm

I knew this would raise some issues and thanks fatcat for pointing that out,so are you in favor of no financial support for children placed with their families? .I think that old people should be cared for by their families. We appear to have lost the moral duty to look after our old. Only the other day someone who I know approached me asking if I knew of a care home for his dad and I said I did not but asked about his concerns. as I suspected his dad was fed anti psychotic drugs in the care home at the time just to keep him quiet. Think I would rather pop me clogs than go through all of that when Ime old, on the other hand t would make me feel rally bad if my children felt they had to look after me at the expense of their quality of life.