redundancy RO payments advice

Bonnie

redundancy RO payments advice

Post by Bonnie » Sun May 08, 2011 5:08 pm

Please could any one advise me on RO payments, my partner has been made redundant, obviously he will get redundancy pay
(((H U G S )))

mama t

Re: redundancy RO payments advice

Post by mama t » Mon May 09, 2011 10:27 am

Hi Bonnie i have not got any answers to your questions but if i was you i would make an appointment with a welfare rights adviser, as they can explain what you can and cannot do with your own hard earned cash. hopes this helps in some small way.

love n light mama t.

mama t
www.whyitsallaboutthem.com

Kate

Post by Kate » Mon May 09, 2011 2:23 pm

Very sorry about this Bonnie, if it's not one thing it's another eh [:(] No advice, but wishing you the best of luck.

Bonnie

Post by Bonnie » Mon May 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Thank you! xx

We lost our home last year, CSA told us to sell or they would take
(((H U G S )))

Bonnie

Post by Bonnie » Mon May 09, 2011 10:19 pm

Awwwww! Thank you [:D] (((hugs))) to you too'

Raising your kin children and what we have to go through takes it's toll, some times on relationships, it's the children that make it worth while. It's tough on us all, no one but kin carers know what we go through and what we endure.

If I knew years ago what I would go through, I would still have done it.

(((H U G S )))
(((H U G S )))

ajc

Post by ajc » Tue May 10, 2011 10:56 am

Awwww Bonnie,
I have no advice except to trawl through the net to try to find your answer, I know when my hubby got pensioned off, some of his pension was not taken into consideration for WTC, as for if ss will count redundancy monies against your allowance I dont know.
But contact the CAB and ask them they might be able to answer you.

Keep on keeping on
Keep on keeping on

Muspark

Post by Muspark » Tue May 10, 2011 12:01 pm

What an awful time that must have been for you.

In my long and weary road through the CSA system, both on old rules and new, I have discovered that calling in the MP is the way to go.

They are only allowed to take 40% of your pay each week/month including arrears and usually if you complain enough they give you a longer time. The CSA caused my husband's case to go into arrears as they took an age to sort out a new assessment but they had to give us the same amount of time they took to assess to pay off the arrears. We called in the MP at that time too. I have never heard of the trying to enforce a house sale - that is just unacceptable. I would consider a strong letter of complaint copied to the MP about how your case was treated. They may open an investigation. I have demanded that phone calls that are recorded were used in evidence of bad practise twice and they have been upheld and compensation paid.

I have also called in the Independant Case Examiner when I was unsatisfied with the CSA service and the way my case was handled. I would advise anyone with problems with the CSA to do this if they are unhappy with the way their case is being handled. You must give the CSA time to address the problems first BUT if you are not satisfied with their responces the ICE is they way to go.

It may not help you now Bonnie but it may make you feel better if you try and open a investigation... x

Bonnie

Post by Bonnie » Tue May 10, 2011 1:29 pm

Thank you for that xx

When I moved in with my partner, I gave my home up and my friends, I moved 130 miles to be with him, earlier than we planned.
I had been taken to court as I was a lone parent raising a 10 yr old and an 11 yr old,I was finding it difficult to pay council tax and rent. I worked all hours as a home help, I claimed tax credits and children's tax credits to make up my wage, I did not want to be on the dole. I found that I was not paid any tax credits, I received a letter telling me that I owed them
(((H U G S )))