What should I do???

divadi2000

What should I do???

Post by divadi2000 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:40 pm

Should i write to s/s and demand a full financial assessment as they only did a one that counted 4 out goings which i feel did not give a true reading of what expenditure goes out of the home any advice please. thanks

David Roth

Re: What should I do???

Post by David Roth » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:01 pm

Divadi, I would suggest that it might be as well to take a couple of steps first. One would be to wait and see what the outcome of the current assessment is. From what you have said, you don't seem to be optimistic about what it will provide for you. But it could look a little premature if you complain about the process without seeing what the outcome of the process is.

Secondly, I think it could be worth finding out from the Finance section whether you have been assessed according to the standard procedure used for SGO assessments.

If you do want to challenge the local authority's decision, FRG's advice sheet 31 is something you ought to read: http://frg.org.uk/advice_sheets.html

David R
FRG Policy Adviser
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser