ss after my nephews children

Bonnie

ss after my nephews children

Post by Bonnie » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:20 pm

I cannot believe what is happening, or should I say Im not surprised!

My nephew lives 5 hours drive away, he has been with his girlfriend for 3 yrs now, she has 2 children both under 5 years old, she is due to have my nephews baby in a few months time.

The younger child had nappy rash so he was taken to the GP for some cream, the GP sent them to the hospital, what happened next???

The consultant called SS accusing my nephew of abusing the child, police were called and pressed charges, the children removed. After 3 weeks in care and the children seen by two more consultants, one who deals with abuse, they both concluded that it was definitely nappy rash! The police dropped the charges, ss refused the children to go home, ss insisted my nephew and girlfriend go parent classes, I knew there was some thing going on, now SS are insisting the children are adopted as they say the children are neglected and they are after taking the baby at birth. Also they have had to see a psychiatrist, he has stated my nephew and girlfriend both have ADHD what a load of codswollop!!!!

I had the same s**t but more than any thing im fuming!!!! when are ss going to stop!!!

(((H U G S )))
(((H U G S )))

nanaJ

Re: ss after my nephews children

Post by nanaJ » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:37 pm

Hello Bonnie - I have wondered how you were getting along so it is sad to hear from you under these circumstances. I can only reiterate that I hope they have a good legal team as it seems rather strange your nephew's partner has kept her own children with no past involvement from ss and there have not been issues until now. How on earth does the situation go from nappy rash to children being taken into care?

maricharle

Post by maricharle » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:25 am

Hi Bonnie, If nappy rash on it's own is a reason for neglect no child would be living with their parents and no parent deemed fit to parent any child let alone their own.

The real crime here appears to be abuse. An abuse of power by blundering idiots who cannot and will not accept they are wrong even when the charges have been dropped. Snatching children from responsible and caring parents seeking appropriate medical attention for a common complaint whilst threatening to remove a child at birth on the basis of nappy rash seems to me to be a violation of an entire family's human rights. The ADHD seems to be a desparate attempt to discredit two caring individual. In this case "the lunatics certainly are running the asylum."

I remember reading a post on here that said "NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE" that is my view here.

Like the others I hope your nephew and his girlfriend have an excellent legall team as I fear they will need one. You are all in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult and stressful time. I wish you and your family all the best.

old bear

Post by old bear » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:21 am

hi bonnie,
not so many years ago russia had all babies cared for in children's homes. they changed their minds. and we've all seen eastern european children's homes where nappy rash would go unnoticed there are so many problems with the babies in care. does this country (social workers) want all babies and children in "care"? what would they gain by it?
i am just so fed up of hearing about idiots with some little authority weilding it so carelessly ~ and its always the young and the weak who suffer!
how can it take three weeks to work out that nappy rash is nappy rash?
how can nappy rash be a cause for so much concern?
and once they'd worked out it was nappy rash, what gave ss the right to keep the children away from home and threaten the mother about her unborn baby?
will this go on until children have the right to sue the social workers etc for ruining their life?
madness isn't really a strong enough word!
i also hope&pray for a strong legal team ~ but how will these children get over this trauma? learn to trust again? their world has been turned upside down. and what might it do to the unborn baby?
i don't have words to express what i'd like to do to the various idiots involved. bonnie, please pass on all our good wishes to your nephew and his girlfriend, and strength to deal with this utterly awful situation.
old bear

Bonnie

Post by Bonnie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:17 pm

police have dropped ALL charges, experts are saying nappy rash but social workers are insistant that a burn has been caused by holding the child on a radiator, once again some social workers are more of an expert than the medical experts. I am not worried as I know that experts have said the children have been well cared for and deffinately a bad case of nappy rash.

However; The children still remain in care, parents are only having a visit once a week as they are too busy for any more contacts. At Christmas ss would not allow the children to open thier presents, the children have started bed wetting and are becoming stressed.

The judge wants both parents to continue parent classes while the children are in care, a date has been set in February for 'fact' finding'. How long these cases take even though charges have been dropped, the longer the children stay in care the longer the affects on the children.

(((H U G S )))
(((H U G S )))

Kate

Post by Kate » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:21 pm

Glad the charges have been dropped, Bonnie. Do you mean the foster carers are too busy for the parents to visit?

I hope the children can be home soon, keeping them in care when medically the parents have been cleared is unacceptable.

youngagain

Post by youngagain » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:23 pm

Imagine being accused of that and then the charges being dropped, you can see how a knee jerk reaction by the ss was actioned after a consultant gave an opinion which was later found to be misplaced.

As with all child care proceedings the ss will be at court with their reports and opinions and no doubt the parents will be shell shocked to such an extent that they will follow the advice by solicitors acting for them and be silenced. In hindsight, if I would have known the law at the time our grandchild was taken in to care, I would have represented myself and objected in court to the care order as there was very little evidence to suggest that the child could not have been placed with us at the time and certainly it proves a point that as the child is placed with us now that we were suitable carers at the time of the care order.Lord justice Munby in a 2005 ruling sets forth the legal framework that councils must comply in excersizing their draconian powers of snatching children. they have to have a rock solid case with undisputed evidence in order to legally take children.If this handed down law is referred to in any child care proceedings then I doubt if the council in question could demonstrate that they are within the law and by arguing such you may well be able to stop the ss in these clear cases of human rights breaches.The child we must remember can claim damages at a later date when of age to be represented in law if it is suspected that the council at the time acted outside of the law and did not place the child within their family.This obligation in law must be reviewed on a daily basis. i hope this helps.

youngagain

Post by youngagain » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:16 am

Oh and I think it is worth mentioning " fact findings" are in fact little more than facts based upon opinion especially if there is a difference of opinion. in a recent case it was ruled that the finding of facts are really no more than facts based upon individual evidence, in effect if one person says one thing and another person says something entirely different then it amounts to a difference of opinion and not an actual fact unless proven.