Back from court

Sue74

Back from court

Post by Sue74 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:13 am

What a disaster, LA came out with some untruths about my son, the guardian made me out to be a liar and from keeping stuff from her, none of which i did, the only good thing was the judge has let me use my sister's solicitor because my sister and me want the same thing which is my nephew coming to live with us, she refused the solicitor's plea to let me have another independent social worker's report done, i honestly think the first one was flawed because the social worker that did it hardly came out to see us, (luckily to see her once a month). Not giving up so easily, gonna fight till the end. The judge did say i had 2 problem kids because i have them both at CAMHS, i did that to give them the help that they need, daughter struggling with exams and the thought of what she is going to do in the future and son has always had problems with his confidence, i'm damned if i do and damned if i don't get them help, seems you can't win either way.

youngagain

Re: Back from court

Post by youngagain » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:43 pm

Sorry to hear that, it allays feels like you are being ganged up upon esp[especially when both the guardian and L.A. don't have anything positive to say. Write your own report but keep it factually accurate and not based on opinion.Then give it to your solicitor, they will be much better at cutting through all the smoke and mirrors stuff from the other parties. Judges can be indifferent when it comes to your view especially as they hold both the guardian and the L.A. to actually know what they are on about however as it is sometimes the case, that they in fact do not.

maricharle

Post by maricharle » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:07 am

Hi, I often wonder if we should have the ability to request meetings with professionals for the purpose of reports be recorded that way there would always a factual record to refer to rather than accepting someones opinion or interpretation of what was said. Take youngagain's advice and write something yourself and make them see who you really are. Had a similar exprience with a psychologist's report and that is what I did. I also asked for the next one to be recorded he refused. I wonder why? It made others wonder if he had something to hide especially when he told everyone he had asked his union for advice and then came back telling us all they said not to allow it as I was trying to manipulate him. What rubbish! The truth will out. Don't let them get you down.

Sue74

Post by Sue74 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:16 pm

Thanks again, will do, got a meeting with the solicitor this afternoon so going to be going over everything especially the dates that the LA was unable to produce to the court, here's hoping that there is justice in the world.

Kate

Post by Kate » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:45 pm

Good luck Sue, let us know how you get on with your solicitor. youngagain and maricharle have offered good advice.

Sue74

Post by Sue74 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:33 am

Didn't get much done at the solicitors due to him having to go to an early meeting but did find out the main social worker has said that they did my viability report which is untrue, a nice lady from the fostering service did it, not sure why they are saying that, from what i know they are the the social worker for my nephew so unsure why they would do the viability report, funny that my sister's solicitor has not got a copy of that ....... my full assessment report that he has got that my social worker did on me and my family was very positive, they even put in their views on my nephew coming to live with us which was really positive, they have done another assessment which turned out to be negative due to my kids being at CAMHS, the first assessment was done and dusted in August but my social worker time and time again has failed to keep appointments with me to sign it, then in late Sept she was told to an extra assessment due to my son not being 100% sure about my nephew coming to live with us and also according to them that they weren't happy with how i would handle contact. Back at the solicitors this morning so hopefully get a lot more done

Sue74

Post by Sue74 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:09 am

My mistake, maybe the main social worker did do the assessment, just talked to the fostering team to confirm or not, they couldn't tell me a yes or no has they haven't got it written down

Sue74

Post by Sue74 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:23 am

Had a quick meeting with the main social worker the other week, asked for more contact seeing that no concrete decision has been made regarding my nephew, they said "no point seeing has he would be going up for adoption" so I said "that at one point there was a good chance that I could of had him living with me" which the social worker replied with no there wasn't" ........... how on earth does anybody ever get chance to raise other family members kids if the ss or in my case the sw is against you from nearly the beginning, just hope the judge sees through all their lies and stuff that they have made up against me but more so against my son

jenmarie

Post by jenmarie » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:26 pm

We had the same problem. Social worker was determined that I wouldn't get my g/s home. The courts do listen and s/s don't always get their own way. My g/s has been home for 12 months now. Love and hugs. xx

Sue74

Post by Sue74 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:02 pm

Hi Jenmarie, thanks for that, gives me more hope that I might some day soon get him home with us.