New and in need of advice - Thanks!

dgbnlm

Re: New and in need of advice - Thanks!

Post by dgbnlm » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:47 am

quote:Originally posted by Kate

Hi Maiasmum and welcome to the forum :) Your half-sister's story is a sad one. Unfortunately it doesn't sound as if she is likely to break off contact with her stepfather or change her habits in the near future, so I hope you're successful in your application. Although you say the mum is cooperative with SS and drug workers, etc, SS must have a file for your niece as she was in care, so hopefully they will see that she's inconsistent and this is likely to keep repeating itself.

If you aren't already keeping your own records, you should start now, as documentation can be crucial especially if the application will be contested.

Wishing you the very best of luck - you'll find everyone here very welcoming and supportive, as well as being a mine of helpful information [:)]

dgbnlm

Post by dgbnlm » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:57 am

hi there
im new too and finding it very hard to activate this .im a very worried Nana who is worried sick at the moment as i know my granddaughter is with an undesirable person who is very violent and takes drugs just out of prison,is in the local newspaper again for crime,the mum has abandoned her other daughter 2 wks ago to the dad,my granddaughter was in away ,missed school as her mother lifestyle of drink and drugs come first,she has now went away again saying her head is messes,she got problems but leaves my granddaughter with whoever ,my son is away working until next month,im stuck im in England she is in Scotland,this is been going on for 2006 ,social work seem to think this lifestyle is ok as the family are together even though they aren't,its excuse after excuse,they have no security,
safety or consistency in their lives and mums needs comes first.they are under supervision order and the undesirables that look after the children have been changed too the discretion of the social worker help anybody desperate .thanks

Kate

Post by Kate » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:02 am

I'm not sure, Irene, if there is any other forum for a worried sick nana like dgblmn? Not everyone here has g/c or other relatives living with them, not yet at least. We weren't bringing up our g/d when I first came on the forum, though we were heavily involved, having her to stay at weekends etc. It may be that this nana would love to be able to care for her grandchildren but is so far away she can't see how to even try.

Hopefully she can find the support she needs. I hope so, so many of us know what a nightmare it is when we are sick with worry for our grandchildren.

Kate

Post by Kate » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:15 pm

Begrand.com has several other support groups on Grand Parents plus etc

Irene

------

I hadn't heard of them, useful info Irene [:)]