so confused

babylove

so confused

Post by babylove » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:17 am

hi all, we got court on friday for a resolutions hearing/final hearing, asked SW what that meant and she said that if everone is in agreement with us getting SGO then it will final hearing. now im really confused by this as our solicitor hasnt done any paper work for this and didnt even know that there was a court hearing as he has got a date for later on. i havent got seen any support package or financial package either so im really afraid that they will say "thats it the kids are yours now" and we walk away with 3 brilliant kids but no support. i do want this order but just cant afford to keep 3 children without financial support. god i just want all this over with

Muspark

Re: so confused

Post by Muspark » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:56 am

The simple fact is if it is not to your satisfaction then you do not allow the order to go through....

Your solicitor should explain to them that nothing regarding support is in place and list all the other stuff that is missing and tell them until it is completed properly and agreed with you that this will just be a resolutions hearing not a final one.

To be honest it is amazing what they can do in a short space of time when they want to. I sat outside the court room for hours until the LA agreed to funding for 18 years not 2. We just simply refused to agree and in the end they all worked harder at getting it done in those hours than they had in the past six months!

babylove

Post by babylove » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:52 pm

thats the thing my solicitor is not going to be there as he is waiting for payment from SS so wont actually work on anything. and just had another thought will we be allowed in the court room as we have never been to any of the other hearings but SW said to go to this one.

babylove

Post by babylove » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:30 pm

just had a call from my SW and she has spoken to the childrens SW for me and she told her that the SGO will not be finalised on fri as the paper work hasnt been done[V] and theres issues with mum i dont know what as she isnt opposing this order, so in a way im releived but in another im quite sad as i would off liked it to be over with. OMG i think im cracking up coz i dont know what i want lol

does anyone on here know how long it takes to get this order

joanne6153

Post by joanne6153 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:49 pm

Baby love

we have just had our third final hearing and we are back in court at end of december, take your time to get the order finalized make sure that all the "t"s are crossed and all the "i"are dotted the way uou want it. Plenty of threads on here have found it impossible to change or add things on after the order is granted, frustrating deffinatley, but take your time dont let anybody rush you and get your solicitor to earn the money.

Jo