Act now to secure the future of FRG advice service

David Roth

Act now to secure the future of FRG advice service

Post by David Roth » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:58 pm

Family Rights Group would like to encourage you to email your MP, to try to help us secure the future of our advice service.

We have set up an e-lobby campaign - follow this link to read more: http://www.frg.org.uk/latest_news.html

If you have personal experience of using the advice service, by calling the advice line or sending an email, then you will be able to add details of how the advice you received made a difference to your situation - it would be very helpful if you were able to do this, as we know MPs do respond particularly to a personal story.

Thank you to all who give their support.

David R
FRG Policy Adviser
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

Yorks Rose

Re: Act now to secure the future of FRG advice service

Post by Yorks Rose » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi David, just had this reply from Simon Reevill[:)] I'll keep you posted!

Dear.......
Many thanks for your email. I will of course write to Sarah Teather to see what the Government's position on this is. I'll contact you again as soon as I've received a response.

Kind regards,

Simon

gina

Post by gina » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:36 am

Hi will certainly contact my m.p Goron Marsden & seek his views.Gina.

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:52 am

Nice to see you here again Gina. [:)]

((( Hugs )))

Grandparent carer in Suffolk [:)]
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

pollypocket

Post by pollypocket » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:07 pm

I have done this and added to the letter in the short space of time I have - the advice line and forum have been and continue to be the only sane voice in the hellish situation my husband and I are in while fighting to protect our nephew.

pp
pp

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:15 am

Thank you to everyone who is writing this letter to their MP.

Even before I came to work for FRG, I was aware for many years of the advice line here, which had been able to offer a lifeline to people in the most difficult of circumstances.

We have worked very hard over the last couple of years to increase the acessibility of the line - we now have more advisers, more lines, more call-backs are made, and the opening hours have increased. We really hope that the funding for this is not going to dry up, and FRG management are informing government ministers about this important service. It will be really helpful if this can be supported by MPs saying that their constituents back up what we are saying about how helpful the advice line can be.

David R
FRG Policy Adviser
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

special4ngel

Post by special4ngel » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:02 pm

Hi David
I have received a reply from my MP, A very long reply. It does not, however mention much about funding for grandparent caring for children.
I will copy and paste it below...................

Date: 04/11/2010 16:35:07
To: ..............@ntlworld.com
Subject: RE: Family and friends care financial allowance

Dear Ms .........,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Louise about the Family Rights Group. Louise has read your email with interest and has asked me to respond on her behalf.

Louise absolutely believes that those most disadvantaged should be protected. Families are a cornerstone of a good society and should be protected and given support.

Louise fully supports and applauds the work of the Family Rights Group in helping families to ensure that children are protected and given the necessary resources to maintain the family infrastructure in the best interests of the child.

Louise realises that this Government has had to make tough spending decisions. This is a result of the previous Government leaving the largest peacetime deficit in history. However, both the Government and Louise are committed to reducing the deficit, ensuring that our children do not pay the price for this generation
caz

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:46 am

Thanks for posting your MP's reply, special4angel.

It is helpful to know that FRG is coming to the attention of MPs. The more emails each MP receives about this, the more they will take notice of our advice service.

It is also useful to know how MP's are responding to the emails, as this lets us know who is more likely to be sympathetic.

It would be really appreciated if anybody else who receives a reply either posts it here (suitably anonymised) or forwards it to me at droth@frg.org.uk

Thanks again to everyone who is participating in this campaign - your support really helps.

David R
FRG Policy Adviser
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser

Nana

Post by Nana » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:45 am

I recieved a reply back yesterday:

Dear Mrs.....

Thank you for your email regarding the Family Rights Group advice service.

I am aware of the valuable work of the service and am happy to support the group in any way I can,
I agree with you that the initial investment in the service is justified by the savings made in preventing children ending up in the care system - an outcome which not only costs substantially more monetarily but in the emotional and social effects upon the child.

I have therefore recently written to the Minister for Children and Families as requested, urging her to ensure that the Department of Education continues to provide funding for this invaluable service.

I will of course contact you again upon recieving a response.

Yours sincerely

Alan Campbell MP

David Roth

Post by David Roth » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:28 am

Thanks, Nana. He sounds very supportive.

David R
FRG Policy Adviser
David Roth
FRG Policy Adviser